Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Eastern Illinois is hiring Marty Simmons, source told @Stadium. Former Evansville coach.

Just the other day, I watched the IU-UNC game from the NCAA tournament in 1984. Simmons started for us then. 

I wonder how his health is. I recall a few years ago watching us play Evansville when he was the coach, and not to sound harsh, but he was grossly overweight. Hope he's healthier now. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Well luckily he looked ok on the stretcher. That was scary. 

He looked almost embarrassed as they were wheeling him off.

Hope that's a sign he'll be OK. At first, it did not look good -- he was not moving at all. 

Just the other day, I watched the IU-UNC game from the NCAA tournament in 1984. Simmons started for us then. 
I wonder how his health is. I recall a few years ago watching us play Evansville when he was the coach, and not to sound harsh, but he was grossly overweight. Hope he's healthier now. 
My wife's cousin played for him at SIUE before he went to Evansville. He loved Marty as a coach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I love watching the way Gonzaga plays. I hope Mike Woodson can bring this kind of offense to the IU squad next season. Phinisee and Lander should be taking notes from Suggs on how to play the PG position