Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That 'Bama 3 to send it  to OT doesn't seem to  have taken the wind out of UCLA's sails.

I think the PAC 12 is just toying with people now.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Did you guys know Arkansas v. Baylor starts at 10:00ET tomorrow? What?

Thank God we dodged this Nate Oats bullet, huh? Imagine getting upset in the tournament and we’re supposed to believe he’s any good.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Did you guys know Arkansas v. Baylor starts at 10:00ET tomorrow? What?

National title game starts near 9:30 on a Monday night every year, not too much of a difference.

Just now, Demo said:

Thank God we dodged this Nate Oats bullet, huh? Imagine getting upset in the tournament and we’re supposed to believe he’s any good.

Did we dodge Nate Oats or miss out on Mick Cronin????

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

National title game starts near 9:30 on a Monday night every year, not too much of a difference.

Hopefully as a New Yorker (I think, right?) you’ll join in me in saying screw the west coast!

I know some were free throws to close it out, but UCLA scored 23 points in that overtime alone! Just another example of how inept Archie's teams were on the offensive end. I'm floored at that disparity

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Yep and last night and tonight, there are people wanting men's basketball to adopt the idiotic advance to HC rule on a TO.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but I think its an inevitability. The rule added to the womens game was a trial run for changing it to the mens game.

4 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Happy for Mike Lewis! Down with analytics! 

Not really sure that it’s “down with analytics.” UCLA took more 3s than Alabama did. Alabama just couldn’t make free throws. 

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I agree with you, but I think its an inevitability. The rule added to the womens game was a trial run for changing it to the mens game.

No idea on the plans in the future, but how much of that rule is having quarters instead of halves? I'm indifferent to it - which woodenshoe guy means I'm for it, but there are far more rules in sports I take issue with. The runner on 2nd after 9 is one of the worst rules I've ever seen. I can't believe MLB is still doing that crap