Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

It seems like I have seen more airballs this season than ever before. I'm not just talking about the Hoosiers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because there are to many possessions that you have to force a horrible shot because the shot clock is running down.

Still don't understand why college coaches think this style of offensive basketball is good for the college game.  It might work in the NBA talent but not with college players.  It leads to a lot of long scoring drought sand horrible shooting.  Teams can't score and it makes for a boring game to watch.  I love college basketball and want the game back to being college and not trying to be like the NBA.

On the morning of the start of the Pac-12 Tournament, Oregon State was ranked 103rd at KenPom. The Beavers are now ranked 43rd. So they've improved 60 spots during this six-game winning streak that's launched them into the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.

parrish

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

On the morning of the start of the Pac-12 Tournament, Oregon State was ranked 103rd at KenPom. The Beavers are now ranked 43rd. So they've improved 60 spots during this six-game winning streak that's launched them into the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.

parrish

This is why I have always hated those stats about how teams have to be top 20 in both Kenpom to win it all.  

When in reality any team that wins 6 straight games this late in the year will sky rocket in the rankings

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Rooting hard for Justin Smith right now. After his comments about how Muss allows him to play, I’ve found myself sympathizing with him (and the other players). He had his tires stuck in the mud here. 

I have a feeling this is going to be the biggest blowout of the weekend. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Rooting hard for Justin Smith right now. After his comments about how Miss allows him to play, I’ve found myself sympathizing with him (and the other players). He had his tires stuck in the mud here. 

It was a great move for Smith. Good for him.

6 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Oral Roberts can really score the ball when they are hot. Dangerous team. Not many teams have two dudes combining for almost 45 a night.

I think this is pretty close to how the regular season matchup went too. ORU was up 14 at half I think?

Edit: pap says 10 in the Muss thread, but he’s probably wroooooong. 

Useless fact about ORU: when I was there and and for something like the 1st 30 years of the school’s existence they were the Titans. Then some student observed  that the Titans were a part of Greek mythology and therefore the school was using a pagan symbol for a mascot. Someone brought it to the attention of Oral himself and he said, yeah I guess that probably doesn’t really work. Hence, the Golden Eagles. Before her, none of us noticed,