Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, rayl456 said:

Gonzaga plays the game the way I'd like to see IU play.  Players have high IQ, all can handle the ball well, shoot with confidence, and understand what the coach wants and expects. 

Heard the sideline report talking about why Few has never interviewed for another job and we see why some might like happiness over money.  He said he loves fly fishing, love the outdoors and loves the Pacific NW.  also said his dad was a minister for 54 years n one church so he saw firsthand what being in one place is all about.

10 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

Gonzaga plays the game the way I'd like to see IU play.  Players have high IQ, all can handle the ball well, shoot with confidence, and understand what the coach wants and expects. Few really is an excellent coach and teacher.

Jalen Suggs and Drew Timme help. Suggs as a freshman is far and away a better PG than what we have on our roster.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard the sideline report talking about why Few has never interviewed for another job and we see why some might like happiness over money.  He said he loves fly fishing, love the outdoors and loves the Pacific NW.  also said his dad was a minister for 54 years n one church so he saw firsthand what being in one place is all about.

Yeah...I knew he has a thing for fly fishing and the NW.  I fully understand why he's stayed where he is.  As you've said many times before...not everyone is motivated by obtaining more $$$.

1 minute ago, rayl456 said:

Yeah...I knew he has a thing for fly fishing and the NW.  I fully understand why he's stayed where he is.  As you've said many times before...not everyone is motivated by obtaining more $$$.

He's got the perfect gig in my opinion.  and now finally, he can recruit top guys vs the international route.  He has it made.  Surprised the zags haven't bumped him up in pay some.  He certainly deserves it, and maybe doesn't even want it.  

Zags are normally my favorite team to root for not named Indiana.  I really wanted them to get an L in regular so I could pull for them in the NCAAs

What I really like about Gonzaga is you seldom see players not moving or just standing while dribbling like they don't know what to do next.  This team has great awareness and vision... and game management/understanding.

1 minute ago, Cd71 said:

Gonzaga very beatable.  OK, the 7th place team in their conference.  Just need someone to get hot against them.  

They are hugely benefiting from a complete dumpter fire of a game from Oklahoma’s Manek, who I thought was supposed to be pretty good. Kruger should have sat him midway through the first half and kept him there. 

1 minute ago, Defenserocks28 said:

Refs with some really questionable calls the past few minutes.  A charge called a block and an obvious foul on a lay-up.  When did Gonzaga turn into Duke.  

Not to mention that block they called when Suggs threw his elbow into a defender’s jaw. It’s been a one sided affair all day

17 minutes ago, Cd71 said:

Gonzaga very beatable.  OK, the 7th place team in their conference.  Just need someone to get hot against them.  

Oh, for sure, they can be beaten.  I would love to see them play Michigan, especially if Livers was playing.  Even without Livers, could be a good game.

I'm curious if anyone knows the record for the number of teams a conference gets to the tournament while failing to get any into the Sweet 16?

The B1G is down to 2 teams left with a chance. UM is down 7 (early) to LSU and are missing Livers so they may get knocked out. The other team left is Maryland going against Alabama.

So if these 2 lose the B1G will have failed to get any of the 9 teams to the Sweet 16. That would have to be a record if it happens. I just wonder how much of one it would be.

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I'm curious if anyone knows the record for the number of teams a conference gets to the tournament while failing to get any into the Sweet 16?

The B1G is down to 2 teams left with a chance. UM is down 7 (early) to LSU and are missing Livers so they may get knocked out. The other team left is Maryland going against Alabama.

So if these 2 lose the B1G will have failed to get any of the 9 teams to the Sweet 16. That would have to be a record if it happens. I just wonder how much of one it would be.

I believe it was a conference record 9 teams. And I hope it happens. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I believe it was a conference record 9 teams. And I hope it happens. 

I wonder if that type of showing would finally get the Big10 to make an adjustment to their style of play. I saw the commissioner is a former Grand Canyon bball player so he has a hoops background. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but the longer the national title drought continues the more urgency their will be on an adjustment I'd like to think. Wishful thinking?

9 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I wonder if that type of showing would finally get the Big10 to make an adjustment to their style of play. I saw the commissioner is a former Grand Canyon bball player so he has a hoops background. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but the longer the national title drought continues the more urgency their will be on an adjustment I'd like to think. Wishful thinking?

If this disastrous showing doesn't lead them to reevaluate and make changes, I don't think anything will. Although, outside of officiating, I'm not sure what changes could be made at the conference level rather than at the individual schools. That said, officiating changes could make a large impact on style of play.

27 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

If this disastrous showing doesn't lead them to reevaluate and make changes, I don't think anything will. Although, outside of officiating, I'm not sure what changes could be made at the conference level rather than at the individual schools. That said, officiating changes could make a large impact on style of play.

More freedom of movement, cleaning up the unnecessary physicality. The current is what the Big Ten wants though.