Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Good win by Arky, Texas Tech kept fighting back but couldn't get over the hump.  My biggest fear with Beard

An 80% free throw shooter missing the front end of a one and one and two blown layups are not on the coach. 

I'd like to say I'm happy for Justin Smith, but honestly I'm not.  By all accounts he was a pain in the @$$ when he was at IU.

Am happy for Damezi even if he can't get on the court at Loyala.  He did everything he could to get better at IU, just wasn't as good as advertised.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree. And Beard didn’t complain about either one. Crazy. Both fouls called 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If the TT player was wearing a Duke jersey there is a 110% chance a foul would have been called on Smith. He bodied the guy big-time.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

I'd like to say I'm happy for Justin Smith, but honestly I'm not.  By all accounts he was a pain in the @$$ when he was at IU.

Am happy for Damezi even if he can't get on the court at Loyala.  He did everything he could to get better at IU, just wasn't as good as advertised.

How do we know it was actually Smith was a problem

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Thankfully, WV have made this a game at halftime. So sick of Syracuse backing into the tourney every year and then every team discombobulating when they see a 2-3 zone.

I will say that Buddy Boeheim didn't take the Patrick Knight road to place on his dad's team.  Dude can play.

15 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

If the TT player was wearing a Duke jersey there is a 110% chance a foul would have been called on Smith. He bodied the guy big-time.

If the TT player was wearing a Duke jersey, they would have been running the clock down on the last possession because they refs had already made sure they were up 8.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How do we know it was actually Smith was a problem

It wasn't Archie telling TJD '**** you' on the court....it wasn't Archie's dad posting drama online.....it wasn't Archie, by all accounts, that was the locker room cancer.  Archie may have done a shitty job of controlling the culture, but guys like Justin Smith and DeVonte Green certainly did their part of destroying it.  Archie couldn't coach at this level, we found that out....but you can't say Smith wasn't given his opportunities here.  I'm glad for his sake he seemed to have turned it around, but it's easy to be a good team mate when things are going well.