Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Elon opened the game hot from 3-point range, but the Dukes were aggressive going to the basket early before back-to-back 3’s from Hodge and Morse punctuated a 17-3 run that gave JMU a 10-point lead just 12 minutes into the game.

The Phoenix chipped away at the lead a bit after Zach Jacobs was called for a technical foul for yelling “and one” after drawing a foul while scoring. Byington asked official Jamie Luckie if “yelling and-one is a technical?” Luckie responded loud enough for the entire arena to hear “It is today.”

“That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of that when it was nothing but that,” Byington said. “If I could estimate, I think every player says that after every basket they get fouled on. It’s a common thing in basketball. Maybe they are all going to be called now.”

wow that is brutal 

Maryland has put themselves in a bad position now.   I figured they would beat either northwestern or penn st to finish the year.  They lost both.   Now the are 14-12 in D1 games and play Michigan St.   If they lose that game and end up 14-13 I would not feel comfortable on selection Sunday.  Crazy stuff 

I'm sorta torn about Thursday.
I never want us to lose, but at this point, I'm kinda ready for this miserable season to end. At the same time, I DO not want to lose to Rutgers three times in a season -- and want to kick their a$$ after that dunkfest to end our game there. 

If only our players felt the same..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I never want us to lose, but at this point, I'm kinda ready for this miserable season to end. At the same time, I DO not want to lose to Rutgers three times in a season -- and want to kick their a$$ after that dunkfest to end our game there. 

I want it to be football season.

A lot.

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

App St up 2 on Coastal Carolina with 6:10 to go. 

Bold strategy Stu coming into the college basketball thread and wishing for football season.  Ban worthy if you ask me 

So true! I miscommunication-ated:

I want it to be INDIANA football season, but the rest of the country should continue with college basketball festivities as planned.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

App st up 3 with 17 sec to go.   Coastal is the 2 seed and App is the 4 seed.    Nice game to end the night 

Looks like Coastal just fouled 3 pt shooter.   Will he hit all 3?  I say he misses 1 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Elon opened the game hot from 3-point range, but the Dukes were aggressive going to the basket early before back-to-back 3’s from Hodge and Morse punctuated a 17-3 run that gave JMU a 10-point lead just 12 minutes into the game.

The Phoenix chipped away at the lead a bit after Zach Jacobs was called for a technical foul for yelling “and one” after drawing a foul while scoring. Byington asked official Jamie Luckie if “yelling and-one is a technical?” Luckie responded loud enough for the entire arena to hear “It is today.”

“That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of that when it was nothing but that,” Byington said. “If I could estimate, I think every player says that after every basket they get fouled on. It’s a common thing in basketball. Maybe they are all going to be called now.”

wow that is brutal 

While I don’t think you could call that a technical in this game, I would like it to be a technical starting next year.  To me it’s either taunting a defender or showing up a ref.  I’m so tired of hearing players scream it.  

10 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

We've had this feeling way too many years.

Might be time to fire the old transfer portal thread back up or start a new one.   Storm Murphy from Wofford has entered the portal.    His old coach is at Virginia Tech and he is from Wisconsin but from watching him play the couple years of I’m IU I am taking a long look.    Without looking at his numbers the kid can shoot it. I would be surprised  if they were not good numbers 

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Might be time to fire the old transfer portal thread back up or start a new one.   Storm Murphy from Wofford has entered the portal.    His old coach is at Virginia Tech and he is from Wisconsin but from watching him play the couple years of I’m IU I am taking a long look.    Without looking at his numbers the kid can shoot it. I would be surprised  if they were not good numbers 

For this season he averaged 17.8 ppg / 47% FG / 40% on 3s / 84% FT / 3.3 reb.  He hit 70 out of 175 3s.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For our Sycamore fans, Greg Lansing has officially been let go at ISU.

Pretty good coach. Maybe they can get Dave Ragland. Otherwise, don’t really like their chances of doing better.