Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Xavier fighting for their at-large lives.   Marquette up 1 with 1 min to go 

Marquette wins.  Xavier win likely would have put them in.  Now they play Butler and if they win would face Creighton.  Have to think that a loss to Butler would eliminate Xavier....win and probably in but would be at the mercy of bid stealers.  Would probably need to beat both Butler and Creighton to guarantee a bid.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I was looking forward to the SoCon tourney to watch their top teams battle it out in the semifinals.   Then Wofford gets beat, Furman loses in OT.   UNCG isn’t complaining I’m guessing 

USPS, I sent a PM to you with a spreadsheet that uses my version of NET ratings.  It's now been updated through Thursday's games.  Have you had a chance to look at it?

EDIT:  note that this year's sheet is Sheet2.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Marquette wins.  Xavier win likely would have put them in.  Now they play Butler and if they win would face Creighton.  Have to think that a loss to Butler would eliminate Xavier....win and probably in but would be at the mercy of bid stealers.  Would probably need to beat both Butler and Creighton to guarantee a bid.

Xavier basically at-large hopes so far hang on 2 home wins( Creighton and Oklahoma) 

I think they need both.  If all they do is beat butler and lost to Creighton again I think they are out 

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

USPS, I sent a PM to you with a spreadsheet that uses my version of NET ratings.  It's now been updated through Thursday's games.  Have you had a chance to look at it?

EDIT:  note that this year's sheet is Sheet2.

I’ve seen it but haven’t had a chance to really sit down a look at it.   I got the next 2 weeks off work so I will check it out 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve seen it but haven’t had a chance to really sit down a look at it.   I got the next 2 weeks off work so I will check it out 

Thanks.  The sheet will keep changing every couple of days as I update it,  FWIW, after Thursday's games, the BIG teams that I had in the top 100 were:

1.  Michigan

4.  Illinois

7.  Ohio State

12. Purdue

14.  Iowa

28.  Wisconsin

35.  Rutgers

42.  Maryland

50.  Michigan St

57.  Indiana

62.   Penn State

64.  Minnesota

83.  Northwestern

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Thanks.  The sheet will keep changing every couple of days as I update it,  FWIW, after Thursday's games, the BIG teams that I had in the top 100 were:

1.  Michigan

4.  Illinois

7.  Ohio State

12. Purdue

14.  Iowa

28.  Wisconsin

35.  Rutgers

42.  Maryland

50.  Michigan St

57.  Indiana

62.   Penn State

64.  Minnesota

83.  Northwestern

So I checked out the Rpi for the first time just for fun.  I don’t look at anymore since it’s not used.   Definitely interesting looking at it compared to the others.    Net has  Colgate at 9 and RPI loves them some Colgate as well.  RPI has Colgate at 7.  

RPI had Navy at 13 which is in the same conference as Colgate.  Navy lost today as the 1 seed in their tournament to Loyola(MD)

RPI had IU at around 110. 

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

So I checked out the Rpi for the first time just for fun.  I don’t look at anymore since it’s not used.   Definitely interesting looking at it compared to the others.    Net has  Colgate at 9 and RPI loves them some Colgate as well.  RPI has Colgate at 7.  

RPI had Navy at 13 which is in the same conference as Colgate.  Navy lost today as the 1 seed in their tournament to Loyola(MD)

RPI had IU at around 110. 

It's a season where eye test and some critical thinking are important. 

Houston up 3 with 10 sec.  Memphis ball.  

Lol.  Memphis hits a 3 at the buzzer to tie it.   Lester Q shoots a terrible shot ball gets banged around and ends in ellis’s hands and he hits it.   OT 

Lol.  Memphis hits a 3 at the buzzer to tie it.   Lester Q shoots a terrible shot ball gets banged around and ends in ellis’s hands and he hits it.   OT 

Holy Crap.   They put 1.7 back on the clock and Houston hits a half court shot.   Wow. I love college basketball 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Holy Crap.   They put 1.7 back on the clock and Houston hits a half court shot.   Wow. I love college basketball 

When IU is looking for a new coach and everyone on here is in the coaching candidate and fire Archie threads college basketball over here still delivering