Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Wow, that is some week a$$ shiZZ to be coming after DD with!

Its today's world. Sad. Also the fact they treat a scholarship to great prestigious universities that most people don't have access to and many of them wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell as no payment is pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Its today's world. Sad. Also the fact they treat a scholarship to great prestigious universities that most people don't have access to and many of them wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell as no payment is pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've said the same thing. 

-Tuition(out of state at Duke 60,000+)

-World Class healthcare 

-World Class training

-tutoring

-apparel

- place to live

-food

-plane rides all over the country

-bus rides

-free marketing

-free branding

Anything else I am missing? Do 1% of people get that opportunity? No. Not even close. And that's really only the reality at Power 5 like schools. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I've said the same thing. 

-Tuition(out of state at Duke 60,000+)

-World Class healthcare 

-World Class training

-tutoring

-apparel

- place to live

-food

-plane rides all over the country

-bus rides

-free marketing

-free branding

Anything else I am missing? Do 1% of people get that opportunity? No. Not even close. And that's really only the reality at Power 5 like schools. 

Iowa up 7 with 12 min to go 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Utah st all over Nevada.   Up 16 with 1:38 to go in first half.    Utah St should be a tourney team 

Love watching Utah St play. Great pace and movement without recklessness. So cohesive. Sone power conference AD that hooks up Craig Smith is gonna look like a genius. Love that guy.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Love watching Utah St play. Great pace and movement without recklessness. So cohesive. Sone power conference AD that hooks up Craig Smith is gonna look like a genius. Love that guy.

Utah St is going to try and keep him. They just gave him an extension  but you are right he will be moving on sooner rather than later 

With conference tournaments starting which Conference tournaments are people looking forward to watch?
right now for me it’s 
MWC and SoCon

You know my feelings on the MWC. That’s must see tv.
A10 will be wild and Ohio Valley (Belmont has some legit contenders to deal with)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, johnsoniu said:

You know my feelings on the MWC. That’s must see tv.
A10 will be wild and Ohio Valley (Belmont has some legit contenders to deal with)

Murray St is always tough and Belmont just lost 2 in a row.  I think they were without their best player though 

Murray St is always tough and Belmont just lost 2 in a row.  I think they were without their best player though 

Yeah, Muszynski missed both games.
Austin Peay and Murray St both gave them all they could handle earlier this year. Terry Taylor from Austin Peay can put a team on his shoulders.

18 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

Yeah, Muszynski missed both games.
Austin Peay and Murray St both gave them all they could handle earlier this year. Terry Taylor from Austin Peay can put a team on his shoulders.

Queta 26 and 13 tonight.  He can slide right in for the front court problems next year. Lol 

NOLA Hoosier said: The fact that Archie Miller and Dan Dakich is now what people outside the state think when they hear “IU” makes me ill. 

I'm an IU grad/native Hoosier living outside the state. Nobody I have ever talked to mentions Archie Miller and Dan Dakich when they hear "IU." Nobody even knows who Archie Miller is because the team has not made it to the NCAA Tournament when most people pay attention to college basketball other than the own school. If I say Archie's name, most people say "never heard of him." Most people turn off Dakich if they are even watching ESPN.  Older basketball fans still think Bobby Knight if IU comes up. Middle aged people might mention Mark Cuban. Younger people might say "I hear they have a good business school." Frankly, very few people outside the state react at all when they hear "IU."