Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

With 2 more rebounds, McKinley Wright IV will become the first player in PAC-12 history with 1600 pts, 600 rebs, and 600 assists.

I know it’s been rehashed here over and over, but Archie not bringing him along might be his biggest regret here.

And for you stat geeks, Andre Miller posted those numbers at Utah, but they were still in the WAC then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Michigan is the best team in B1G, by far. Maybe even better prepared for a National Championship run than Gonzaga or Baylor.

The fact that heir only loss was when they got blown out by Minny is a tribute to just how streaky hot Carr, Kalscheur, and Brandon Johnson in Minny can be.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Michigan is the best team in B1G, by far.

Second half was impressive.   Take into account that they haven’t played forever and it’s even more impressive.   I would say they are the best team but not by far.   I really like Ohio St.    I absolutely love the the fact that a B1G team is being successful with no starter over 6’8.    Hopefully we see more teams being successful playing that way.    

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Second half was impressive.   Take into account that they haven’t played forever and it’s even more impressive.   I would say they are the best team but not by far.   I really like Ohio St.    I absolutely love the the fact that a B1G team is being successful with no starter over 6’8.    Hopefully we see more teams being successful playing that way.    

Ohio State plays great basketball.

Michigan plays great ball AND has Hunter Dickenson.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Alarming stat for Wisconsin: Nate Reuvers and Micah Potter with a combined zero rebounds in a combined 40 minutes.

borzello 

I’m wondering what the heck happened to those two guys. It feels like they’ve both regressed.

I’m wondering what the heck happened to those two guys. It feels like they’ve both regressed.

Yeah. Neither are great rebounders in skill or stats. Reuvers has statistically regressed and Potter has virtually leveled. Potter has been in the coaches doghouse many times this season.

Potter is the bigger enigma to me, because he seems like he could/should be a great player. Something missing. He’s still pretty good, however.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah. Neither are great rebounders in skill or stats. Reuvers has statistically regressed and Potter has virtually leveled. Potter has been in the coaches doghouse many times this season.

Potter is the bigger enigma to me, because he seems like he could/should be a great player. Something missing. He’s still pretty good, however.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

His numbers last year were crazy good per 40.

Now he looks like just another guy.

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Drake has five guys with who are from or have ties to NW Indiana: two from Merrillville, one from Griffith, one from Gary and one from Illinois who went to Hammond Noll. 

I'm from those parts. 

Wonder how that pipeline developed. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-mike-hutton-column-st-011021-20210108-gpzlqfjk3zajhknqomhbtdlpqy-story.html