Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I was drooling (not really) while watching that WVU-Texas Tech game last night. 

At one end, Mac McClung dribbled a couple feet inside the 3-point arc, went behind his back, stepped back and launched a 20-footer. Nothing but net. 

At the other end. a WVU player (can't remember his name) was dribbling right at the top of the key, went forward really hard a couple steps, stopped, stepped back and fired an 18-footer. Nothing but net. 

We got nobody who can do that. Well, we got dudes who can take those shots -- they just can't make 'em. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I was drooling (not really) while watching that WVU-Texas Tech game last night. 

At one end, Mac McClung dribbled a couple feet inside the 3-point arc, went behind his back, stepped back and launched a 20-footer. Nothing but net. 

At the other end. a WVU player (can't remember his name) was dribbling right at the top of the key, went forward really hard a couple steps, stopped, stepped back and fired an 18-footer. Nothing but net. 

We got nobody who can do that. Well, we got dudes who can take those shots -- they just can't make 'em. 

IF Armaan keeps working I believe he can step into that role.  However, currently, we don't have that dude.

Forgot that was on. My boy wanted to watch Abbot and Costello in Buck privates

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

UK had the lead for a brief time. Cal made some questionable lineup changes and Alabama ran w it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Some possible changes to the current dead period in recruiting may be forthcoming.   The following from Pete Thamel

We should see an update soon on the end of the NCAA's recruiting dead period, which is slated through Apr 15. A note sent to administrators obtained by @YahooSports  indicates a recommendation for a quiet period -- "depending on medical guidance"-- in all sports Apr. 16-June 30

A "quiet period" means there can be on-campus visits. The DI Council will have an "action item" in March on whether coaches will be able to go out recruiting in July. That's obviously the biggest month annually for basketball recruiting. (They'll discuss this in February).

Here's the feel that the NCAA is giving: "A consistent, gradual approach to ending the temporary recruiting dead period would be ideal, and that such an approach will be driven by medical guidance...." The "Quiet Period" depends on that guidance.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Penn St was down 10 at Ohio State before either team had even broken a sweat.

Now there’s 10 minutes left in the game and Penn State is up six points.

Kyle Young just fouled out with 5 minutes left.  Still think O$U wins as they shutdown the whistles soon