Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

58 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Painter has done a good job recruiting kids with heart and passion. They may not be highly ranked but they play hard and seemingly get better each year and outplay their ranking. 

I gotta tip my hat to them, as much as it pains me. I can’t remember the last time I watched an IU/Purdue game and came away thinking we played harder than them. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I gotta tip my hat to them, as much as it pains me. I can’t remember the last time I watched an IU/Purdue game and came away thinking we played harder than them. 

Cody’s sophomore year when we beat them by 37 is my best guess on that 

No. 3 Villanova escapes against Seton Hall -- 76-74.

Crazy finish.

Nova hits a FT with 1.9 seconds to play to go up 75-74. 

After the made FT, Seton Hall inbounded the ball 75 feet to its big man, who got behind the defense in the lane with nothing between him and the basket -- and the pass bounced off his hands and went out of bounds with 1.6 to play.

Seton Hall fouls. 'Nova makes one FT to go up 76-74. On the ensuing inbounds pass, the aforementioned Seton Hall big man gets the ball just outside the 3-point line, but tosses up an airball under heavy duress -- 'Nova hangs on. It was their first game since Dec. 23. 

9 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

No. 3 Villanova escapes against Seton Hall -- 76-74.

Crazy finish.

Nova hits a FT with 1.9 seconds to play to go up 75-74. 

After the made FT, Seton Hall inbounded the ball 75 feet to its big man, who got behind the defense in the lane with nothing between him and the basket -- and the pass bounced off his hands and went out of bounds with 1.6 to play.

Seton Hall fouls. 'Nova makes one FT to go up 76-74. On the ensuing inbounds pass, the aforementioned Seton Hall big man gets the ball just outside the 3-point line, but tosses up an airball under heavy duress -- 'Nova hangs on. It was their first game since Dec. 23. 

"Nova and Seton Hall never disappoint

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Same. Feels like another life for sure. I hadn’t met my wife yet was kinda just hanging around Bloomington having a good time because I couldn’t get a job in the field I wanted 

I remember Purdue fans bragging about Hammons scoring 30 because we were just giving them free points by then. Think we felt sorry for them. 

I actually found that game on Youtube a few months back.  Had been looking for it for a long time.  Right after the Sheehey flex Watford hits a step-back 3 to put IU up 75-43, and I just stared at the score.  To be up that much in Mackey seems possible only in an alternate universe at this point.

45 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

I actually found that game on Youtube a few months back.  Had been looking for it for a long time.  Right after the Sheehey flex Watford hits a step-back 3 to put IU up 75-43, and I just stared at the score.  To be up that much in Mackey seems possible only in an alternate universe at this point.

I remember so arrogantly telling some of my Purdue fan friends that I hope they enjoyed a couple sweet 16s while we were down b/c their window was officially over. I feel so sad. How naive I was. 

This is why I cant even enjoy college basketball. Ohio st and purdue is probably a great game however I am sick watching pu hitting big shots and winning big games while iu..... well we are doing what we do

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not me. I don't like the losing and am on board with firing Archie. However, I will always enjoy College Basketball. It's a hundred times better than any Pro League and College Football. All in my opinion of course

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, craigyv88 said:

To be up on any team that much seems only possible in an alternate universe.