Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Burnett held an official offer from IU.

Texas Tech freshman Nimari Burnett confirms to ESPN that he’s leaving the program and plans to transfer.  Former five-star recruit.

More on Burnett's departure from Jeff Borzello -

Texas Tech freshman Nimari Burnett, a five-star recruit coming out of high school, is leaving the program and plans to transfer, he told ESPN.

Burnett, a 6-foot-4 guard, had seen his playing time fluctuate throughout the first 12 games of the season, but he played just six minutes in the Red Raiders' 82-71 win over Kansas State on Tuesday. Burnett had played at least 20 minutes just four times this season.

Part of the reason for Burnett's smaller role has been the arrival of transfers Mac McClung (Georgetown) and Jamarius Burton (Wichita State). McClung picked Texas Tech in May; Burton originally planned to redshirt this season before deciding to suit up shortly before the campaign began. With Kyler Edwards also returning as a starter from last season, the backcourt minutes haven't been there consistently for Burnett.

Burnett was averaging 5.3 points per game this season.

Ranked No. 22 in the ESPN 100 for the 2020 class, Burnett originally chose Texas Tech over a final four that also included Alabama, Oregon and Michigan.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Borzello's story

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein - Ohio State's CJ Walker will be out due to torn ligaments in his hand, per release. No timetable for return. Significant Big Ten news.

That's potentially a huge blow for O$U.  Who is their backup pg?

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another kid who had a formal IU offer now on the move.

UConn freshman Javonte Brown has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN.  Saw time in two games this season.  The 7-foot center was considered a four-star prospect coming out of high school.

I would guess Kenya Hunter was in on his recruitment there ... Hoping he'll be in touch with him soon! 

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein - Ohio State's CJ Walker will be out due to torn ligaments in his hand, per release. No timetable for return. Significant Big Ten news.

Tell ya what could be fun to watch: the best thing Walker does is he understands where to give the ball to Duane Washington. Without Walker I think it’s fair to say that Washington will throw up some really bad shots.

32 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Wow watching the two teams I hate and seeing the other team I hate finish and get a great win hurts ugh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I didn't mention names cause I hate them both so much but I think most will guess the game I am talking about

At some point this season, maybe we can finish and steal a game on the road. 

I think I just hurt myself. Had to pick myself up off the ground, I was laughing so hard. 

Wow watching the two teams I hate and seeing the other team I hate finish and get a great win hurts ugh

I didn't mention names cause I hate them both so much but I think most will guess the game I am talking about

Dayton got a great win on the road at Davidson after Grady hit a huge shot to send it to OT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dayton got a great win on the road at Davidson after Grady hit a huge shot to send it to OT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Everybody getting great road wins! We got ours at msu 2 years ago. Of course it followed like a 14 game losing streak but I guess its something

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another kid who had a formal IU offer now on the move.

UConn freshman Javonte Brown has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN.  Saw time in two games this season.  The 7-foot center was considered a four-star prospect coming out of high school.

Ok, funniest thing I’ve see in a minute. Someone makes a UCONN Fr highlights video of the kid. IT’S 23 SECONDS LONG.