Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

22 on KenPom
If our shooters ever get going we could be a really dangerous team.  That's a MASSIVE IF.

Yep. Plus (an even bigger if) if somehow we add Brunk and Stewart, this will be a team that has yet to play its best basketball.

Lots of ifs. Some Reason for optimism.

Still think Thursday vs Wisconsin will be ugly

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Obviously we don't know the full story but might be some things behind the scene that make him less attractive.

Coach Huggins was asked if the door is open for Oscar Tshiebwe to return at any time this season. He immediately says "No."

So much for taking some time away from the game. Entered the transfer portal today.

49 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Yep. Plus (an even bigger if) if somehow we add Brunk and Stewart, this will be a team that has yet to play its best basketball.

Lots of ifs. Some Reason for optimism.

Still think Thursday vs Wisconsin will be ugly

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'll be surprised if we keep it within double digits.

52 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Kentucky and Miami have been getting mentioned.  

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the writer thought there might be a tampering situation here. Said something along the lines, “ If he ends up at an adidas school there should be an investigation.”

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Justin Smith had ankle surgery in late December.  Was supposed to miss 3 to 6 weeks after that.

Of interest:  in 9 games at Arkansas, he is 2 of 13 from three.  Left here because he wanted to play the 2, right?  LOL.  Also is only shooting 56% from the line.  Currently averaging 11 1/2 points, 7 board, and 1 assist.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Justin Smith had ankle surgery in late December.  Was supposed to miss 3 to 6 weeks after that.
Of interest:  in 9 games at Arkansas, he is 2 of 13 from three.  Left here because he wanted to play the 2, right?  LOL.  Also is only shooting 56% from the line.  Currently averaging 11 1/2 points, 7 board, and 1 assist.
Pretty sure it was purely speculation on why he left. Could have just as easily been that he wasn't happy and didn't enjoy the style here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk