Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I haven't seen this posted yet. Looks we lost Brunk for the year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Think that might have been addressed in the game thread last night.

But yeah -- that's disappointing. Wonder if he has interest in coming back next season -- if healthy. He's already 23. Unless he goes overseas, I doubt he has pro basketball aspirations. Guess it depends on whether he wants to get on with his regular life -- or spend another year in college. 

But yeah -- that's disappointing. Wonder if he has interest in coming back next season -- if healthy. He's already 23. Unless he goes overseas, I doubt he has pro basketball aspirations. Guess it depends on whether he wants to get on with his regular life -- or spend another year in college. 
Probably. I don't always go to game threads.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Probably depends on if he’s finished his law degree.  

39 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Oscar Tshiebwe stepping away from WVU.  Seems to have regressed during his sophomore year, maybe he needs a change of scenery.

Boy I wouldn't mind Archie making a run at him.  I remember we were involved with him briefly.

Obviously we don't know the full story but might be some things behind the scene that make him less attractive.

Coach Huggins was asked if the door is open for Oscar Tshiebwe to return at any time this season. He immediately says "No."

20 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Guess it depends on whether he wants to get on with his regular life -- or spend another year in college. 

I guess there comes a time in every young man's life when he grows tired of college girls.

Potential implications for IUBB.  A Wisconsin beat writer received a tip #Badgers hoops at PSU might not be played Sunday.  We just played PSU on Wednesday and supposed to play Wisky on the 7th.  If it's a COVID problem I hope it's with the Badgers.

Now official.  The Wisconsin-Penn State game scheduled for tomorrow is being postponed, per release. The decision was “mutually agreed upon by both teams due to health and safety concerns.”

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Confirmed Postponement

Another player stepping away.

Houston guard Caleb Mills is stepping away from the program "for personal reasons" and will not play tonight at SMU. There is no timetable for his return, but Kelvin Sampson said in a statement that Mills "needs time to refresh and prepare for the remainder of the season."