Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh no Oklahoma!

Misses an unguarded putback layup at the buzzer that would have sent their game with Texas Tech to OT.

They got the rebound on the make the first miss the second play on 2 consecutive attempts and still had a chance to tie it.  Tech dodged a bullet.  reeves hits that almost every other time 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Iowa up 10 at half.    Bohannon has been struggling this season.    He will still hit 5 threes against IU 

Yup...over the past few years I have learned that against us

1) anyone on MSU scoring over 15 ppg will fail miserably, and

2) Bohannon will destroy.

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup...over the past few years I have learned that against us

1) anyone on MSU scoring over 15 ppg will fail miserably, and

2) Bohannon will destroy.

Bohannon is a pretty diminished player right now. So, yeah, in AH he’ll look like Chevy Chase on the putting green in Caddyshack.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Bohannon is a pretty diminished player right now. So, yeah, in AH he’ll look like Chevy Chase on the putting green in Caddyshack.

All kidding aside, with Toussaint at the point Iowa’s looks like a top ten team. With Bohannon not so much.

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Painter is probably going to have to hurt some feelings moving forward into the B1G season.   Going to have to shorten the rotation.  I won’t be surprised if he loses a couple of his guards and wing to the transfer portal 

He has stayed with Stefanovich as a prime rotation player for a long time and it’s not working.

Wheeler is just plain terrible.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He has stayed with Stefanovich as a prime rotation player for a long time and it’s not working.

Wheeler is just plain terrible.

Stefanovich could probably be useful on our team; at least he gets hot now and then. 

But Crean went to his high school games to watch Grant Gelon. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

At the end of the game tonight, he hit the 300th three of his career. Probably about 10% of those have come against IU. 

Iowa up 10 at half.    Bohannon has been struggling this season.    He will still hit 5 threes against IU 

He will probably go 5-5 in the final few minutes to seal a comeback win for them...... some players are extremely annoying like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Anyone here of caleb swanigan getting arrested? Just seen it on fortwayne news. Someone should put up article if no one has yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ask and ye shall receive.  I saw elsewhere that he reportedly weights 416 lbs.  No idea if that is factual or not.

https://www.wane.com/news/crime/former-homestead-and-purdue-basketball-standout-caleb-swanigan-arrested-in-whitley-county-on-drug-charges/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Marijuana possession? Such a dumb thing to arrest someone for. The war on that particular drug should be over.

Possession of Marijuana. Who cares. Sucks that now he’s got his mug shot circulating. He’s 23, wrong place/wrong time. 2:00am party. 

I’m 40, my friends are all parents and professionals, mostly health nuts and into goofy athletic stuff like adventure races, ultra-running, and crossfit. Well over half of them get high when the right situation presents itself, and return to their lives the next day. 

416? Maybe Mr Swanigan should try some ultrarunning. In all honesty I hope the kid finds a good life after basketball. Unrealized dreams can really wreck a person. 

3 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Possession of Marijuana. Who cares. Sucks that now he’s got his mug shot circulating. He’s 23, wrong place/wrong time. 2:00am party. 

I’m 40, my friends are all parents and professionals, mostly health nuts and into goofy athletic stuff like adventure races, ultra-running, and crossfit. Well over half of them get high when the right situation presents itself, and return to their lives the next day. 

416? Maybe Mr Swanigan should try some ultrarunning. In all honesty I hope the kid finds a good life after basketball. Unrealized dreams can really wreck a person. 

Erm. Nevermind. 3.4 pounds of weed. Driving.