Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

What did he say?

Talked about complete failure to execute the scouting report on defense. Talked about being distracted by their success. At different times called out Hauser, Watts and Henry for lack of effort. Called out Langford for getting a terrible 5th foul. Referenced that he has become softer through the years and that is his failing, though what he clearly meant is that this team doesn’t have on court leaders. 
Pretty brutal, but spot on.

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Normally I don’t get to watch much bball outside of IU, but just turned on the SLU/Minny game. Normally I will cheer for B1G teams, but living in Stl I like SLU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

SLU is really good and Minny is playing really well tonight. Will be a good win either way.

38 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Can you imagine the meltdown some of the posters here would have if IU lost by that much to NW?! But wait, it happens to other teams to regardless of how good they are???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Other coaches have a proven track record of success.  Izzo has been near or at the top of the Big Ten for decades.  This is apples to oranges.  

18 minutes ago, Demo said:

Talked about complete failure to execute the scouting report on defense. Talked about being distracted by their success. At different times called out Hauser, Watts and Henry for lack of effort. Called out Langford for getting a terrible 5th foul. Referenced that he has become softer through the years and that is his failing, though what he clearly meant is that this team doesn’t have on court leaders. 
Pretty brutal, but spot on.

Wow, so what you're saying is Izzo actually took at least a tad bit of the blame?  I'm impressed.  He's finally growing into an adult, even if only emerging from adolescence to early adulthood.

9 minutes ago, ray said:

Wow, so what you're saying is Izzo actually took at least a tad bit of the blame?  I'm impressed.  He's finally growing into an adult, even if only emerging from adolescence to early adulthood.

He did. And that’s a really immature team. Langford’s a Sr, but he’s no leader. And Watts and Loyer are trying to replace maybe the best B1G pg of the 21st century. They’ll get it figured out, but this conference is such a meat grinder that they may have a couple of these games.

Other coaches have a proven track record of success.  Izzo has been near or at the top of the Big Ten for decades.  This is apples to oranges.  

This is the difference. Look at MSU tournament resume for 20 years. That gives you confidence they figure it out.

Now look at Indiana’s history. Zero confidence. Because we usually don’t figure it out.

Making this comparison is inherently incorrect and lacks any amount of reasoning.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is the difference. Look at MSU tournament resume for 20 years. That gives you confidence they figure it out.

Now look at Indiana’s history. Zero confidence. Because we usually don’t figure it out.

Making this comparison is inherently incorrect and lacks any amount of reasoning.

Isn't that true no matter what you do. Until you have a record of success, you never get the benefit of the doubt. Probably you shouldn't. But even great coaches have bad losses. Coach Miller will either get there or he won't. It's just interesting to see how people react.

Isn't that true no matter what you do. Until you have a record of success, you never get the benefit of the doubt. Probably you shouldn't. But even great coaches have bad losses. Coach Miller will either get there or he won't. It's just interesting to see how people react.

Not sure your point. People wonder why we overreact to bad losses. Because usually it implies impending doom and a not so great season. Other coaches get more benefit of the doubt. It’s common sense why we overreact compared to more successful programs.

Many of us are tired losing and are increasingly worried if we are on the wrong track. More wasted seasons.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

And people aren’t upset that Archie has bad losses.  We are upset that they are far more common than good wins.  

Tom Izzo won the big ten his 3rd year.  So until Archie can prove he’s even close to that I’m going to keep being critical whenever this team looks like it doesn’t given a damn. Which given Archie track record will be sometime in the next 2 games

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not sure your point. People wonder why we overreact to bad losses. Because usually it implies impending doom and a not so great season. Other coaches get more benefit of the doubt. It’s common sense why we overreact compared to more successful programs.

Many of us are tired losing and are increasingly worried if we are on the wrong track. More wasted seasons.

Other coaches from other teams are always going to get the benefit of the doubt on an Indiana message board because no one on here is emotionally invested in those teams.   Makes sense for people to overreact to a teams bad losses  that they are more emotionally invested in.  It’s what fan bases do.   But to act like fans bases of successful teams don’t overreact to losses like everyone else would be wrong in my opinion.   

Other coaches from other teams are always going to get the benefit of the doubt on an Indiana message board because no one on here is emotionally invested in those teams.   Makes sense for people to overreact to a teams bad losses  that they are more emotionally invested in.  It’s what fan bases do.   But to act like fans bases of successful teams don’t overreact to losses like everyone else would be wrong in my opinion.   

agree with that. Because the successful teams want to be more successful and so forth. All falls back to an individuals expectation of their team. My personal goal isn’t unattainable.

Crean had 2 seasons under his belt, where it looked like if we could maintain anywhere close to those 2 seasons I would have been thrilled. So 2 years of winning doesn’t fully build my confidence. It’s going to be a long haul for me because I’m on the fence and Archie hasn’t built much stock yet.

After watching this weekend's games my opinion is that Rutgers is the most complete team in the BIG at this point. Iowa, Illinois, and MSU all have serious questions. Wisconsin is Wisconsin, but they depend heavily on the 3 which can hurt them in some games.

Rutgers proved to me yesterday they can win multiple ways, and Ron Harper Jr. is easily first team All-BIG. We will see how this shapes out over the next few months, the BIG is too good this year.