Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

This is where I kind of have a problem. I know college football and college basketball are different, but if the Big Ten is going to insist on keeping teams like Indiana, Maryland, Illinois etc. down in football, than teams like Rutgers, NW, PSU and teams need to be kept down by conference in basketball.

I know what I am saying is not logical, but based on their system, if the Big Ten want to keep IU and bottom feeders down in football, it needs to do the same with the historic bottom feeders basketball. Instead, they have no problem with everyone being good in basketball, which while makes for a tough conference and allows teams to beat up on each other and drag down the better teams slightly.

Obviously, I don't want anyone held down in basketball really, but if the Big Ten is not going to care about NW, PSU ETC. bubbling up in  basketball, it needs to not sabotage IU and other bottom feeders in Football.

Can't have it both ways but it appears that is what Big Ten wants. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Don’t worry—Izzo will take this in stride  ;)

Northwestern is probably up too much to blow this but their shot selection at the end of these games they are close in are laughable and they just keep doing them 

This is where I kind of have a problem. I know college football and college basketball are different, but if the Big Ten is going to insist on keeping teams like Indiana, Maryland, Illinois etc. down in football, than teams like Rutgers, NW, PSU and teams need to be kept down by conference in basketball.
I know what I am saying is not logical, but based on their system, if the Big Ten want to keep IU and bottom feeders down in football, it needs to do the same with the historic bottom feeders basketball. Instead, they have no problem with everyone being good in basketball, which while makes for a tough conference and allows teams to beat up on each other and drag down the better teams slightly.
Obviously, I don't want anyone held down in basketball really, but if the Big Ten is not going to care about NW, PSU ETC. bubbling up in  basketball, it needs to not sabotage IU and other bottom feeders in Football.
Can't have it both ways but it appears that is what Big Ten wants. 
In my opinion, it's because of the different dynamics are involved. For football, you want a few to rise to the top because that will allow you to get to the bigger bowls. So, they help the few programs to be the flagship representative for the conference. As for basketball, you want as many as possible in a true tournament unlike football. With more teams, means a better looking conference.

Sent from my SM-G981U using BtownBanners mobile app

Can’t wait to hear izzo cry about a no name freshman ranked in the 140’s hitting 3-4 from 3’s against him.   Lol.  His name is Berry and he has been playing pretty good so far this season.   Henry didn’t have his best game tonight.  

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sparty had been playing with fire the last couple of “cupcake” games they played.   They gave up 91 to a 0-9 Oakland team and Detroit give them them a game 

nice win for Northwestern.  Just makes the league that much deeper.  

Trying to remember a game when MSU was worse defensively. Couldn’t control dribble penetration. Rotations were late. Crazy undisciplined. Kind of floored by that one. Oh, and these analysts who said they wouldn’t miss Winston because of Rocket Watts? Yeah.

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Can you imagine the meltdown some of the posters here would have if IU lost by that much to NW?! But wait, it happens to other teams to regardless of how good they are???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So true.

And I will guarantee you this: on at least one occasion IU will lose to a team that we most certainly should not have lost to.

And when that happens, THE SKY WILL FALL!