Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

March 12 well past midnight little did I know that watching Washington St upset Colorado in the PAC 12 tournament would be the last full college basketball game of the year.  The next day with much confusion and leagues cancelling left and right I watched the last half of basketball as St. John’s and Creighton cancelled their game at half.   After that the rest is history and the ncaa tournament got canceled.  While other fans of other major leagues and sports games saw their season postponed and played at a later date us college hoops junkies sport was the only major sport that was totally cancelled with no chance of determining a champion.  
Here we are 8 months later and 24 hrs away from the start of the college basketball season.  This season is going to look different, sound different and just not have the look at what we are accustomed to.   However we will have a season to watch.  Utah st got on a plane yesterday thinking they were going to play Wichita St on Wednesday, when they got off the plane they found out they were going to play VCU instead.  This season is going to be different but at the end of the day there is going to be games with buzzer beaters, games that are blow outs, games that tick us off and games  that make us bigger fans.

So like years in the past I offer new members and old members to join me throughout the year in the college basketball thread.  I will be here like I always am and I’m hoping you will join me. 

Damn straight.

And the first game of the season is now off because SF Austin had a positive test from the traveling party upon arrival.  Usually I do a games to watch and underrated games to watch but I might not do that this year because this schedule will be all over the place 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

And the first game of the season is now off because SF Austin had a positive test from the traveling party upon arrival.  Usually I do a games to watch and underrated games to watch but I might not do that this year because this schedule will be all over the place 

ETSU/Abil Christian you are now the first game of the season 

Welcome to the '20-'21 basketball season where the only thing certain will be uncertainty.

Jeff Goodman - First game of college hoops season was supposed to be tomorrow at 11 am between Stephen F. Austin and San Francisco at Mohegan Sun.  Now Stephen F Austin is leaving Mohegan Sun, per source, after someone in traveling party tested positive.

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Gonzaga, the preseason No. 1, just got stronger. Andrew Nembhard, a former starter at Florida, has been given a waiver to play immediately, according to Gonzaga beat writer @SRJimm.

Zags were loaded before this  

From Gainesville, Fla., to Spokane, Wash. -- Man, that's one long-distance transfer! 

Is anyone else having difficulties trying to buy a cutout for Assembly Hall (SSAH)?

If anyone can give me an assist in ordering one of these, please let me know

https://shop.fancutouts.com/products/hoosier-basketball-fan-cutouts

I think it may be that i'm overseas and the site is blocking me :(

(yep, not in Alaska right now)

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Borzello -

Nebraska forward Derrick Walker is suspended for the first 16 games of the season, per the school. The punishment stems from a violation of team and NCAA rules that occurred while Walker was at Tennessee.

damn. Is that the first 16 games on the schedule or 16 games actually played?

Assuming it is the latter, which could be almost the entire season. 

Pretty cool to see, but watching the nebraska v Mcneese State game and a player for McNeese State is rocking a bright white mask. Only player on the court with a mask. 

Edit: And of course their coach is walking around with his mask on his chin not even close to covering his nose. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Borzello -

Nebraska forward Derrick Walker is suspended for the first 16 games of the season, per the school. The punishment stems from a violation of team and NCAA rules that occurred while Walker was at Tennessee.

Damn.  What the hell did he do?  Parents buy a sticker and a hat?  Pretty stiff even for the NCAA.  

4 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Is anyone else having difficulties trying to buy a cutout for Assembly Hall (SSAH)?

If anyone can give me an assist in ordering one of these, please let me know

https://shop.fancutouts.com/products/hoosier-basketball-fan-cutouts

I think it may be that i'm overseas and the site is blocking me :(

(yep, not in Alaska right now)

Hey man, I am also getting the site is under maintenance when I click on the link.