Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2020-11-16/ncaa-relocating-2021-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

I’m sure most of you saw this already 

for Bracketology purposes by doing this the committee can seed teams by the true seed list and not worry about geographical  rules that go into filling out a bracket 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2020-11-16/ncaa-relocating-2021-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

I’m sure most of you saw this already 

for Bracketology purposes by doing this the committee can seed teams by the true seed list and not worry about geographical rules that go into filling out a bracket 

Somehow, IU will still get stuck in Boise ;)

I'm curious what the NCAA considers the metropolitan area of Indy and what facilities are in play, Assembly Hall perhaps?

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm curious what the NCAA considers the metropolitan area of Indy and what facilities are in play, Assembly Hall perhaps?

I mean you’ve got BLF, Lucas oil. Then basketball arenas on several college campuses around the city. Butler, Marian, IUPUI doubt they would have to go out towards Bloomington 

10 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Since at this point, spectators would be limited in number, any gym that meets NCAA size requirements would be adequate and we certainly have enough of those within an easy drive of downtown Indy.

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Lots of choices with no fans present. Most games can be played in Indy area. 

University of Indy

Butler University

Bankers Life

Pacers Practice Facility

Indiana Farmers Coliseum 

Marian University

Someone on the Pacers subreddit (read, take it for what it’s worth) is saying they’re going to go NBA bubble style and set up as many courts as possible in the Convention Center and then use BLF for the Final Four. 

If they’re going to the trouble of setting this up in one location, no chance the general public is allowed in, thus making the Convention Center the obvious choice. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Someone on the Pacers subreddit (read, take it for what it’s worth) is saying they’re going to go NBA bubble style and set up as many courts as possible in the Convention Center and then use BLF for the Final Four. 

If they’re going to the trouble of setting this up in one location, no chance the general public is allowed in, thus making the Convention Center the obvious choice. 

True, without having to accommodate fans there are a lot of possibilities. 

Both events are now official and will be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse not that it really matters as there will be no spectators.

The State Farm Champions Classic

Dec. 1 No. 13 Michigan State at No. 9 Duke (7:30 p.m., ESPN)

No. 10 Kentucky vs. No. 6 Kansas (9:30 p.m., ESPN)

Jimmy V Classic

Dec. 2 No. 12 Tennessee vs. No. 1 Gonzaga (7 p.m., ESPN)

No. 2 Baylor vs. No. 8 Illinois (10 p.m., ESPN)

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Both events are now official and will be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse not that it really matters as there will be no spectators.

The State Farm Champions Classic

Dec. 1 No. 13 Michigan State at No. 9 Duke (7:30 p.m., ESPN)

No. 10 Kentucky vs. No. 6 Kansas (9:30 p.m., ESPN)

Jimmy V Classic

Dec. 2 No. 12 Tennessee vs. No. 1 Gonzaga (7 p.m., ESPN)

No. 2 Baylor vs. No. 8 Illinois (10 p.m., ESPN)

Sparty will be playing at Duke for their part of the Champions Classic

a return game for Duke to play at Sparty will happen another year 

59 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sparty will be playing at Duke for their part of the Champions Classic

a return game for Duke to play at Sparty will happen another year 

Completely shocked!  The return game will probably be in Detroit because Coach k.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Still more likely to get a return game from them than UK. 

True, although I'd put money on it either being neutral court of part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.  Dook playing on an opposing team's home court is highly unlikely if they're not forced.  I believe they've played exactly 2 true road games since the start of the 2015 season.  Those were in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.