Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For those who say “no way,” did you get super angry & give up IU basketball from 1990-2000 when Bobby Knight had Norm Ellenberger on the IU staff?

A good point but 3 things I think are important to note. 

Norm had over a decade to learn from his mistake 

Couldn’t he called a case of nepotism 

And our lack of success that decade post 93 might mean selling your soul doesn’t always pay off 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For those who say “no way,” did you get super angry & give up IU basketball from 1990-2000 when Bobby Knight had Norm Ellenberger on the IU staff?

No, but it doesn't mean I was happy with Bobby's decision to hire him.  And while I'm sure I wouldn't give up IU basketball if Archie would hire his brother, I would be sorely disappointed in Archie's judgment.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Heck no. Sure he will head to the pros anyway so that he can underwhelm with the pros 

No kidding, for all the talent Sean has had still never made a FF, right?

If Sean does get let go at Arizona, my guess is he will have a show-cause penalty. I would think that would make the chances of anybody hiring him pretty remote until that expires. 
Next stop: NBA assistant? 

Most likely unless they show their teeth, re: UNC, Kansas, Wichita State, LSU, among many others.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Serious rhetorical question- if Sean Miller gets fired, how would you feel if Archie hired him as assistant (again, totally rhetorical, assume IU would let him and Sean was interested)?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would be for it honestly but I know I’m one of very few that would

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I would be for it honestly but I know I’m one of very few that would

I get what you are saying yogi, there is kind of a dark intrigue.  However, I think any high caliber recruit would be scrutinized on the intent of going to IU with a Sean Miller and the history behind it.  In my opinion, I would always be waiting for the shoe to drop.

https://pac-12.com/article/2020/10/28/pac-12-mens-basketball-releases-reorganized-inaugural-20-game-2020-21-league
Didn't expect Pac-12 to be the first of the major conferences to release a conference schedule. 20 games starting in early December and the teams rotate each week home/away. 

A note on this, I actually like how the PAC-12 does the traveling universities scheduling. I’m not sure it would work for a conference like the Big Ten though.