Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Baylor’s first 5 games: 

Nov. 25 - No. 43 Michigan (potentially) in Mohegan Sun
Nov. 26 - No. 2 Villanova (likely) in Mohegan Sun 
Nov. 29 - at No. 30 Seton Hall
Dec. 2 - Jimmy V (possibly No. 8 Illinois)
Dec. 5 - No. 2 Gonzaga in Indy

Goodman

Baylor is coming out hot to start the season.     National Title contender testing itself early 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just a heads up in the recruiting world.  Eric Bossi has moved to 247 recruiting.  He was with Rivals.    One of the few from rivals I followed 

Wow, honestly kind of surprised by that one.

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

According to Rothstein, Seth Towns (Ohio State) has not been fully cleared to play yet due to his knee injury. 

Will be interesting to see if/when he does because that team needs him to be healthy and good.

Same report  from O$U on Musa Jallow and his ankle injury.  Also Robby Carmody (knee) at ND won't participate in any full basketball activities until December

SIAP,  but expected that NCAA gives additional year of eligibility to winter sports like they did with fall sports. Thoughts on whether this is a good thing for IU in particular or no?

two notable players that would have the option for another year are Joey Brunk and Al Durham. Would you want to take another year of either/both of them? Joey would help the frontcourt issue slightly imo. 

55 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

SIAP,  but expected that NCAA gives additional year of eligibility to winter sports like they did with fall sports. Thoughts on whether this is a good thing for IU in particular or no?

two notable players that would have the option for another year are Joey Brunk and Al Durham. Would you want to take another year of either/both of them? Joey would help the frontcourt issue slightly imo. 

I don’t love the idea in general.  They should wait on this decision to see how much of the season we play. 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t love the idea in general.  They should wait on this decision to see how much of the season we play. 

I don't love it either, will be interesting to see how teams handle it. One situation down the road it could really help IU is if Rob phinisee were to come back for a fifth year. After next year IU is most likely to lose both he and Lander, but if he were to come back in 2022-23 that would fill the gap until another pg is ready to take over. 

https://watchstadium.com/sources-wichita-states-gregg-marshall-punched-player-choked-assistant-10-08-2020/

During its six-month investigation, Stadium contacted 36 former and current members of the Wichita State basketball program – 26 players and 10 assistant coaches who have played for or coached with Marshall at some point during his 13 years with the Shockers.

“He’s a maniac, a bully,” said a former assistant. “He disrespects people, brings up personal stuff, family, girlfriends.”

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:

Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”

Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.

Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.

Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.

Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, iubb said:

https://watchstadium.com/sources-wichita-states-gregg-marshall-punched-player-choked-assistant-10-08-2020/

During its six-month investigation, Stadium contacted 36 former and current members of the Wichita State basketball program – 26 players and 10 assistant coaches who have played for or coached with Marshall at some point during his 13 years with the Shockers.

“He’s a maniac, a bully,” said a former assistant. “He disrespects people, brings up personal stuff, family, girlfriends.”

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:

Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”

Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.

Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.

Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.

Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk