Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Purdoo awaiting the announcement of five star 2021 wing Harrison Ingram at 5:00 est today.

Appears to be a three team race between Stanford, Michigan, and Purdoo. Only two predictions, both for Stanford, neither with high confidence. Purdoo could really use him--they are currently a collection of bigs and littles with not much wing-age.

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Purdoo awaiting the announcement of five star 2021 wing Harrison Ingram at 5:00 est today.

Appears to be a three team race between Stanford, Michigan, and Purdoo. Only two predictions, both for Stanford, neither with high confidence. Purdoo could really use him--they are currently a collection of bigs and littles with not much wing-age.

Stanford is the pick 

Purdoo could use a lot of things. I’ll never be sad if they don’t get them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Another financial blow to the smaller schools athletic budgets.

Jon Rothstein -

Sources: The new expected rate this season for guarantee games in college basketball without fans will be in the neighborhood of 10-15 thousand dollars. Normal rate is 75-100 thousand dollars.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I am just happy that it seems like college basketball has a plan. I know it is probably a lot easier to do this kind of thing for basketball than it is for football, but it is good to see that the people in charge aren't just sitting around and are actually proactive about getting these games in. 

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I am just happy that it seems like college basketball has a plan. I know it is probably a lot easier to do this kind of thing for basketball than it is for football, but it is good to see that the people in charge aren't just sitting around and are actually proactive about getting these games in. 

Completely agree.  Glad we are having these discussions over two months before the season starts as opposed to within weeks of starting like football.  The infrastructure is already in place in Orlando.  Just makes the most sense really.  

College Hoops Top 25 Impact Freshmen.

Khristian Lander, Indiana:  A five-star prospect, Lander’s decision to reclassify to the 2020 class will give Archie Miller the added boost he needed to have his best team yet at Indiana.  Look for Lander and veteran guard Rob Phinisee to form a strong perimeter duo for the Hoosiers.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/25-impact-freshmen-for-the-20-21-season/

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Is there any update on fan attendance at college basketball games?  Hopefully a limited amount of fans will be allowed in to give something resembling an atmosphere.

Nobody has said anything but I highly doubt the B1G will have fans.  

NCAA has released its COVID guidelines. They are pretty extensive. One question I have, the document states that teams should consider quarantining the entire team (or tier 1 individuals as they put it) for 14 days if someone tests positive. 

What is the point in daily rapid result testing if you have to shut it down with 1 positive test? If you have rapid results you know exactly who has it and who doesn't so why force everyone to shut it down?

sometimes the logic of leaders just baffles me. Kinda like Kentucky high school basketball recommending they stop doing a jump ball this year but go ahead and play the rest of the game....

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/09/25/ncaa-releases-health-and-safety-guidelines-for-college-basketball/

Matt Norlander - JUST ANNOUNCED: Gonzaga vs. Baylor, arguably the top two teams in college basketball heading into the season, will play a neutral-site game in Indianapolis on CBS on Dec. 5. The game will tip off at 1 p.m. ET.

Great opportunity for us midwesterners.