Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

"I haven't educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it.  From what I do know, I would like to see a name change"

Had to do a double take because this sounds like something Lebron James would say.  Those 2 sentences sum up everything that is wrong with the outrage culture today.

Just go with your feelings.  Facts and context never matter, just jump to your own conclusions before the whole story comes out.  Don't wait for evidence, your feelings are hurt so go crucify somebody for it.

The more time goes by, I'm so glad we never got Brooks.

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

"I haven't educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it.  From what I do know, I would like to see a name change"

Had to do a double take because this sounds like something Lebron James would say.  Those 2 sentences sum up everything that is wrong with the outrage culture today.

Just go with your feelings.  Facts and context never matter, just jump to your own conclusions before the whole story comes out.  Don't wait for evidence, your feelings are hurt so go crucify somebody for it.

How much education on a topic does it take to know that Rupp was a giant racist. Is that even in dispute?  From there it comes down to are you ok with public buildings being named after racists 

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh so I popped over to Rupps Rafters and they are indeed trying to pretend Rupp wasn’t a racist.  Lol

They've been doing that for a while.  I saw that thread, many of them used proper spelling so I figured their intelligence was being stretched to the limit and cut them some slack.

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

They've been doing that for a while.  I saw that thread, many of them used proper spelling so I figured their intelligence was being stretched to the limit and cut them some slack.

Probably using one of those term paper services having somebody else write their posts. 

My sister used to do it. She made good money writing aspiring law students undergrad papers.  

17 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

A few excellent points made in this post

18 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I agree with you that he is sticking his neck out while admitting that he hasn’t done his research, and that’s a terrible idea.

i also think the complete indictment of a 19 kid who has gotten a social media beat down for saying something unwise is a bit much.

By most accounts Brooks is a good kid. I think his answer to the topic without realizing the implications of saying he had an uneducated opinion was unwise. 19 year olds, even star athlete 19 year olds, used to get some slack for speaking without thinking through the implications.

I agree with you that he is sticking his neck out while admitting that he hasn’t done his research, and that’s a terrible idea.
i also think the complete indictment of a 19 kid who has gotten a social media beat down for saying something unwise is a bit much.
By most accounts Brooks is a good kid. I think his answer to the topic without realizing the implications of saying he had an uneducated opinion was unwise. 19 year olds, even star athlete 19 year olds, used to get some slack for speaking without thinking through the implications.

Social media tho..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Georgetown's John Thompson and IU's Bobby Knight had many similarities as college coaches. Knight began coaching at IU in 1971, Thompson at Georgetown in 1972. Neither suffered fools or had patience with the media. Both were exceptionally smart, old school and coached as disciplinarians. Both were imposing figures physically though Thompson at 6'10'' more so. Thompson unlike Knight took on "problem" players like Allen Iverson and Michael Graham and they thrived under him.  Thompson was also a father figure to many of his players who came from fatherless households. Thompson unlike Knight quit coaching when he realized he could no longer put in the same energy and effort that he did when he started. But both were great coaches who had enormous impact on the institutions where they worked and the communities where they lived.