Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

27 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Here it comes. Wade might be the guy brazen enough to defend himself with something like, “We’ve been taking advantage of these kids forever. I couldn’t be a part of it anymore.They deserve to be paid. The rules are arcane. So I got them what they deserved. I won’t apologize for being an agent for justice.”

See, Will Wade is actually the Robin Hood of college sports. God, I loathe that guy.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Now the NCAA is officially involved in the election?  What a world. 

If telling student athletes, truck drivers, diner cooks, tax attorneys, police officers, ballerinas, or people that believe the little green men in the little green suits are coming to vote is becoming "involved in the election" ... then I guess that's what they're doing.

For me, telling people that the way to effect change in a democracy is to vote is pretty strong advice. Property isn't damaged, lives aren't lost, and democratic, peaceful, real change can happen. Who you wanna vote for? That's none of their business.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If telling student athletes, truck drivers, diner cooks, tax attorneys, police officers, ballerinas, or people that believe the little green men in the little green suits are coming to vote is becoming "involved in the election" ... then I guess that's what they're doing.

For me, telling people that the way to effect change in a democracy is to vote is pretty strong advice. Property isn't damaged, lives aren't lost, and democratic, peaceful, real change can happen. Who you wanna vote for? That's none of their business.

That’s not what is going on.  We won’t agree on any of it.  The whole thing is orchestrated.  Let’s have the media drive up the rage to maddening levels then let’s remind everyone, the only way to enact a change is to vote.  Get real.  

And if you want to believe the democratic ran government was any better towards African Americans, that’s another argument altogether. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s not what is going on.  We won’t agree on any of it.  The whole thing is orchestrated.  Let’s have the media drive up the rage to maddening levels then let’s remind everyone, the only way to enact and change is to vote.  Get real.  

And if you want to believe the democratic ran government was any better towards African Americans, that’s another argument altogether. 

If a comment about social responsibility and justice is representing and supporting a particular party then that’s a pretty damning admission in itself 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If a comment about social responsibility and justice is representing and supporting a particular party then that’s a pretty damning admission in itself 

Another force fed narrative that so many believe, it becomes truth without any validation.  

If the coronavirus reaction and shutting down the economy wasn’t enough, maybe this will help.  

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s not what is going on.  We won’t agree on any of it.  The whole thing is orchestrated.  Let’s have the media drive up the rage to maddening levels then let’s remind everyone, the only way to enact a change is to vote.  Get real.  

PREACH

53 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Another force fed narrative that so many believe, it becomes truth without any validation.  

If the coronavirus reaction and shutting down the economy wasn’t enough, maybe this will help.  

It’s not force fed that people are seeing a message about being pro social responsibility as being a partisan issue. 

54 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The one take away I thought was interesting is it almost felt like he was telling kids if they want to peacefully protest they can.  I assume he knows kids will take that as they can during games.

True. Frankly I would like to see schools do more to help students to vote. I know it was pain in the butt back in 2008 for me