Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I think if anyone needs some decent laughs head over to Rupp Rafters.  Some are pulling the dictionary tonight.  There are three and sometimes four syllables being written.  They are that mad.  

Lol just did. It’s freakin hilarious.  This must get them more worked up than the wet tshirt contests at family get togethers

20 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Fixed it.

You go with that and you are liable to push a few Kentuckians over that edge.  Some just won’t step in that place anymore.  I mean, I am not sure that is necessarily a threat.  But apparently that is the ultimate heresy.  Man, I would absolutely hate it if we changed our name to the Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.  Hypothetically speaking of course.  Pa, put on some pants, we are marching to Lexington!!!

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wow so kind of you to even consider such a thing was happening. You truly are a saint 

Figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt if some advanced to multi syllable words.  Personally I expected the text equivalent of grunting like cavemen.

Lou and RMK locked horns many times over the years.

Just watched a show on the Flyin' Illini the other day. Interesting season: We won the B1G, yet they beat us twice, so they got the No. 1 Midwest seed, while we got shipped out West. 

I always thought Lou was a little dirty, and I hated that they beat us twice in '89 -- but I have to admit, it was fun a fun team to watch. I thought they'd win it all that season. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Lou and RMK locked horns many times over the years.

Just watched a show on the Flyin' Illini the other day. Interesting season: We won the B1G, yet they beat us twice, so they got the No. 1 Midwest seed, while we got shipped out West. 

I always thought Lou was a little dirty, and I hated that they beat us twice in '89 -- but I have to admit, it was fun a fun team to watch. I thought they'd win it all that season. 

If you take the names off the uniforms, may have been my all-time favorite college team to watch.

One of my favorite RMK stories: after IU beat U of I late the  next year a reporter asked him about Kendall Gill, who was then a senior. Knight’s response: “Boy am I glad HE’S gone. That son of a b***h can really play.”

31 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I remember after a closely fought victory in Champaign Knight saying We'll see you cheating sons of ******* next year.

He absolutely hated Lou Henson and vice versa.

If i remember correctly, i was at a IU/UI BB game back in the early 90s and Knight gave Henson a rocking chair for a retirement gift.... maybe it was someone else, who knows. but i thought it was Henson

5 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

If i remember correctly, i was at a IU/UI BB game back in the early 90s and Knight gave Henson a rocking chair for a retirement gift.... maybe it was someone else, who knows. but i thought it was Henson

It sure was.

Henson said can this really be the Bobby Knight I know.

Tyrell Terry staying in the draft. One and done that was an IU target at one time. It was fun watching him at Warren Central where he was basically unranked on a team with Hurt and Zeke from Arizona. I asked some scouts that were there about him and if he looked that good all the time. Several made the comment that he will be ranked after that weekend. Good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ayo coming back for another year for Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never occurred to me he would. If Cockburn follows suit, with Miller and  Curbelo coming in, that team will be an absolute problem.