Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

Some UK students/faculty have sent a letter to the university president, wanting them to rename Rupp Arena.

Can’t say I blame them. Adolph Rupp was a giant racist who refused any black starters until 1968.

Lmao at the same time...

5 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Some UK students/faculty have sent a letter to the university president, wanting them to rename Rupp Arena.

Can’t say I blame them. Adolph Rupp was a giant racist who refused any black starters until 1968.

Better keep the name short. 4 letters is already a challenge for their fans 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Lol true.  Now granted based on some of their fans comments they might go in another direction and name it after somebody even more racist. NBF arena 

I sincerely hope they do. I love having more reasons to hate that school. 

38 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29525237/some-kentucky-faculty-want-name-arena-named-former-basketball-coach-adolph-rupp-changed

Stay safe in southern Indiana.  There may be an unannounced family reunion in Kentucky at some point.

It's Kentucky, the family tree doesn't branch; everything is a family reunion.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

I think if anyone needs some decent laughs head over to Rupp Rafters Tubby's Terrace.  Some are pulling the dictionary tonight.  There are three and sometimes four syllables being written.  They are that mad.  

Fixed it.