Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Doesn't seem manufactured to these girls.

Brass had a different question; not whether it’s okay for transitioning/transgender girls to compete against girls, but whether there’s a need for a test because without the test, there’d be fraud.

Not sure there've been any fraud cases in the U.S.

You see it in track and field. Not saying they don't think of themselves as girls and aren't "transitioning", but their testosterone levels are still higher than biologically born female. So they are faster on the track. There have been lawsuits brought forward. The international Track and Field have implemented rules that o ly a certain amount of testosterone can be present. Anything above it a transgender can't compete.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Has this happened in high school though?? This seems like an incredibly weird thing to do to minors to participate in something that most people are really just doing for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Has this happened in high school though?? This seems like an incredibly weird thing to do to minors to participate in something that most people are really just doing for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I don't know enough about this law to comment one way or the other. It may very well be a a huge overreaction that politicians are known for when it comes to situations that arise. I do know that there have been lawsuits from HS girls that have had to compete against transgender athletes. Which I agree with.
This is my last post on this subject in this forum, so we can get back to discussing College Basketball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Nojel Eastern wasn’t admitted to UMich...he’s officially back on the transfer block

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Michigan apparently does not accept credits for more than a few Purdue classes!  Lol.  ;)

From 247 on Nojel Eastern.  Apparently Underwater Basket Weaving isn't a recognized major at Michigan.

Purdue transfer guard Nojel Eastern announced in-conference rival Michigan as his transfer destination last month. That has now taken a turn.

Per an announcement on his Twitter page, Eastern revealed that he was not admitted to the university. He explained what the reasoning was.

“I want to start off by thanking Coach Howard for the opportunity he would have given me by attending the University of Michigan, “Eastern wrote. “I was extremely excited and grateful for him taking a chance on me. But, I was not admitted to the University because of many credits that weren’t transferable because of my Major. That is the only reason why I was not accepted. I say this to say that I will be reopening my recruitment process as a transfer. I want to thank Michigan and the entire staff and organization for trying to do everything in their power to get me into the University of Michigan. More to come…..”

Eastern, a 6-foot-7, 225-pound guard, has averaged 5.1 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game for the Boilermakers, standing out on defense and starting 62 games the last two seasons. While his shooting and assertiveness have been inconsistent at the college level, Eastern is one of the top transfer targets in the portal.

A former top-100 recruit in the 2017 class, Eastern chose Purdue over Michigan State, Michigan and a host of other offers. Hailing from Evanston, Illinois, Eastern was recruited by John Beilein and visited Michigan's campus. In six games against Michigan, Eastern has averaged 4.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.

Speaking on Dan Dakich's radio show last month, Purdue coach Matt Painter sounded off on Eastern's decision to transfer, seeming to imply that Eastern quit on the Boilermakers' process and took a step back as a junior. Eastern has also entered the NBA Draft for evaluations the past two seasons.

“You look at the guards, we’ve taken some guards that not all of them were highly decorated guys in high school that were pretty productive players for us,” Painter said. “Dakota Mathias, Ryan Cline, P.J. Thompson, Carsen Edwards. When you look at the people that have been here when Nojel’s been here, and then you take a step back — Eric Hunter and Sasha Stefanovic I thought made really good jumps from their freshman to sophomore years this year. If you look at them, you say, ‘All those guys improved, and then you didn’t improve.’ He made a really good jump — Nojel — from his freshman to sophomore year, then he took a step back this year. … I don’t know what to say there, because now you’ve become the outlier.”

I saw where Bill Self has moved from the deny to counter accuse in the deny, deny, deny, counter accuse defense approach.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/06/18/kansas-coach-bill-self-threatens-legal-action-ncaa-investigation

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I saw where Bill Self has moved from the deny to counter accuse in the deny, deny, deny, counter accuse defense approach.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/06/18/kansas-coach-bill-self-threatens-legal-action-ncaa-investigation

When someone is in deep trouble and "threatens legal action", that is almost always a sure sign that there will be no legal action initiated by them.

Actual legal action by someone like Bill Self would produce under oath depositions and testimony, and the last thing someone like Bill Self wants is for the person he (won't) sue to be able to take depositions and testify under oath. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Borzello -

Kobe King will not attend Nebraska next season due to personal reasons, the school announced. He had transferred from Wisconsin back in January and committed to Nebraska in February.

Ouch.

Nebraska just lost arguably/likely their best player.

Hope the young man is okay/gets straightened out.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

NCAA extends the recruiting dead period in all sports through August 31.  No live evaluation periods or campus visits until at least September.

I guess the recruiting services will just have to adjust their rankings based on which program a player chooses. 

Oh wait, they already do that.