Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh; the Dan Dakich stuff was fine. But I can see it quickly devolving into "what/who is alt-right?" 

Also: I'm not mad at anyone or hiding any posts or nuttin! Just trying to anticipate a potential kerfuffle (I love that word).

I learned 2 things today...

1)  Dakich doesn't like players who play a deep "right"field.

2)  The word "kerfuffle".  I love it too.

3 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

How tall are these two? Anthony looks damn near the same as Jordan.

My guess is 6' 4 and 6'5". They'll be listed at least 6'6 and 7 though.

Ray Tolbert was asked how tall he really was once because his listed height of 6'9" was being questioned.

He answered big enough.I loved that.

My guess is 6' 4 and 6'5". They'll be listed at least 6'6 and 7 though.
 Ray Tolbert was asked how tall he really was once because his listed height of 6'9" was being questioned.
He answered big enough.I loved that.

They don’t really lie about anymore. Not now with the NBA making it a rule that you can’t lie about height. You have nothing to gain if you have any dreams of being in the NBA. So those two probably are 6-5 and 6-6 in shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

What law?

Trans-gender laws, same stuff that lost North Carolina tourney games and the NBA All Star game a few years back.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/ncaa-letter-urges-ban-of-mens-basketball-tournament-in-idaho-2021-transgender-law/277-c3d80c5a-7500-4382-8304-18dc6bc82a74

ESPNU aired the 1996 IU-Notre Dame game last night. I recorded it and I am watching it now. I often wonder what might might have been if the players wouldn't have transferred.

Edit- the announcers are terrible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can imagine the hot takes in the game thread on here. Lol

On 6/12/2020 at 10:06 PM, LIHoosier said:

Trans-gender laws, same stuff that lost North Carolina tourney games and the NBA All Star game a few years back.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/ncaa-letter-urges-ban-of-mens-basketball-tournament-in-idaho-2021-transgender-law/277-c3d80c5a-7500-4382-8304-18dc6bc82a74

The law will require high school girls to prove their gender to participate in high school sports through a genital exam, DNA test, or testosterone levels test. 

The horror at having to prove you're a girl in order to compete against girls in high school sports.  Yet, here we are.

The law will require high school girls to prove their gender to participate in high school sports through a genital exam, DNA test, or testosterone levels test. 
The horror at having to prove you're a girl in order to compete against girls in high school sports.  Yet, here we are.

Good. Men men shouldn’t be able to compete against girls.

30 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Seems more like a manufactured problem to me. Is there even a single case of fraud with this sort of thing?

Seems more like a manufactured problem to me. Is there even a single case of fraud with this sort of thing?
You see it in track and field. Not saying they don't think of themselves as girls and aren't "transitioning", but their testosterone levels are still higher than biologically born female. So they are faster on the track. There have been lawsuits brought forward. The international Track and Field have implemented rules that o ly a certain amount of testosterone can be present. Anything above it a transgender can't compete.

You see it in track and field. Not saying they don't think of themselves as girls and aren't "transitioning", but their testosterone levels are still higher than biologically born female. So they are faster on the track. There have been lawsuits brought forward. The international Track and Field have implemented rules that o ly a certain amount of testosterone can be present. Anything above it a transgender can't compete.

It happened in Connecticut last year in track and field. I’m just waiting for it to happen in basketball with some kid the size of Zion.