Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Wonder if Cade Cunningham will be leaving Okie State... GLeague? I know I’d take him at IU in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He should. He would get more out of it than he would at OK St. I wonder how this ruling if any will hurt recruiting at these places. If OK St got that after all of the appeals on one 1 Level 1, there will be some nervous recruits. Probably more so at the places where the coaches are looking at show cause penalties (Kansas, LSU, and Arizona). Those are the places where the head coach was on the wire taps. We will see but it’s going to shake things up for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kansas better get HAMMERED.

No less than 2 years banned from post-season play will be acceptable.  Also loss of scholarships and recruiting visits.

Edit: I want even more harsh punishment for L$U.  Will Wade shouldn't be allowed to coach anywhere in the NCAA for the next 4 years.

Kansas better get HAMMERED.

No less than 2 years banned from post-season play will be acceptable.  Also loss of scholarships and recruiting visits.

Edit: I want even more harsh punishment for L$U.  Will Wade shouldn't be allowed to coach anywhere in the NCAA for the next 4 years.

I believe Lamont Evan's received a 10 year show-cause

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kansas about to get the death penalty with logic.

The people resigned to the punishment are hoping they can keep Self and get a 2 year ban. Others want to leave the NCAA or feel they will get off because nobody was arrested lol. We literally might see a few teams get as close to the death penalty for the first time since SMU. I am guessing they will end with 2-3 year ban and show cause for Self. Especially when on the first case they are saying work with us or you will get pummeled.

47 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The people resigned to the punishment are hoping they can keep Self and get a 2 year ban. Others want to leave the NCAA or feel they will get off because nobody was arrested lol. We literally might see a few teams get as close to the death penalty for the first time since SMU. I am guessing they will end with 2-3 year ban and show cause for Self. Especially when on the first case they are saying work with us or you will get pummeled.

Would love to see Self's big middle finger to the NCAA actually get him a much harsher penalty. 

If there were any question OK St will appeal the penalties. So they are probably still looking at that August/September timeline we have been discussing over the last year. Not sure where the rest sit, but by that forceful tweet earlier I posted, I am guessing these schools are making the NCAA’s life miserable when being interviewed. I am guessing OK St thought they would get probation or blame it squarely on the coaches. Really no other reason to be forthcoming if you are getting hammered regardless.

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Ok, this is the best thing I’ve read today: per Baumgart JaQuan Lyle has graduated from UNM and is looking to grad transfer to help his draft stock. If he plays somewhere he would finish the year at 25.

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

Ok, this is the best thing I’ve read today: per Baumgart JaQuan Lyle has graduated from UNM and is looking to grad transfer to help his draft stock. If he plays somewhere he would finish the year at 25.

He'll be halfway there.

https://www.aarp.org/membership/

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Interesting: DJ Carton claiming he left OSU because “they didn’t have room for him.” Weird, because, at least to me, it looked like he was gonna have major minutes in the coming years

I wonder if he means outside of basketball.  Like cliques he wasn’t part of 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I wonder if he means outside of basketball.  Like cliques he wasn’t part of 

Which would be really interesting because remember the OSU commitment was kind of surprise. Everyone thought it was Michigan and IU, probably leaning Michigan, and then the OSU visit was last as kind of formality. 

He then committed right after the OSU visit, if not even on the visit, citing the “family atmosphere” as the main reason. 

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Which would be really interesting because remember the OSU commitment was kind of surprise. Everyone thought it was Michigan and IU, probably leaning Michigan, and then the OSU visit was last as kind of formality. 

He then committed right after the OSU visit, if not even on the visit, citing the “family atmosphere” as the main reason. 

Good point. I know Archie gets the kids together a lot doing not basketball activities. Wonder how much of that Holtmann does

IMG_4055.jpg
For anyone watching BTN today. I don’t know. Kinda boring. Could show newer games and not show the 2011 Kentucky game 1000 times a year. And especially not twice in 1 day. Sooooo many other great games. Against Michigan and Michigan St in 2013, 2008 at Illinois, I think like 2004 or something against MSU and Paul Davis that went into OT. The MSU game where Haston hot the buzzer beater. 2016 vs Maryland to clinch the Big Ten title. 2016 Iowa game. Soooo many and they show like 5 over and over and over.

IMG_3031.jpg

Really nothing. But I found it funny and ironic. He has been a big part of our program for many, many years. To me, this in two tweets encapsulates Dan Dakich. Like I don’t blame him. He is who he is. But he doesn’t understand why some people would quit following him. Then directly quotes someone who quoted him, and proceeds to tell the dude to get over himself. That was Dan Dakich in ‘92 and it’s still Dan Dakich. Just some people don’t want to listen to that type of person anymore. It’s just kind of funny and sad in real time.

IMG_3031.thumb.jpg.74bd4c696e71ae83256f9bdac002a054.jpg

Really nothing. But I found it funny and ironic. He has been a big part of our program for many, many years. To me, this in two tweets encapsulates Dan Dakich. Like I don’t blame him. He is who he is. But he doesn’t understand why some people would quit following him. Then directly quotes someone who quoted him, and proceeds to tell the dude to get over himself. That was Dan Dakich in ‘92 and it’s still Dan Dakich. Just some people don’t want to listen to that type of person anymore. It’s just kind of funny and sad in real time.

He ain’t lying though. What that guy calls “far right” could literally be anyone he deems that and same for anyone called “far left.” It’s all a big joke. But that dude is ready to cancel Dan Dakich because he doesn’t like what he “likes” and “retweets.”