Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

He also won a championship, SEC title(16-0) and went 38-2. I’d say that’s a good reason to return.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely if you don’t care about the money he left on the table. I don’t think Cal is teaching that. I absolutely agree with you with how my mentality is. But not many kids do that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Terrance Jones has eight years in the NBA if you count each of the three years that he played five games or less.

No NBA team wants him at age 27 because he has the mentality of a crazy five year old, so he plays in the Philippines, where this happened:

https://247sports.com/nba/houston-rockets/Article/Terrence-Jones-punches-opponent-in-groin-elbows-him-in-the-face-in-Philippines-132558937/

Ok, so he's immature. Going pro a year earlier changes that...how? 

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Ok, so he's immature. Going pro a year earlier changes that...how? 

Sending an immature 19 year old with no college degree into the world with unlimited spending money is generally a bad idea IMO. Tends to reinforce and cement the immaturity.

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yikes. Dare I get my hopes up that the NCAA deals with the other, more culpable programs, in a harsher manner? 

They had one Level 1 allegation. Kansas has FIVE Level 1 allegations.

Edited by Andowen1990IU

From 247Sports -

The Oklahoma State Cowboys men’s basketball program was hit with a postseason ban for the 2020-21 season, according to a release from the NCAA. The ban stems from a former associate head coach accepting between $18,150 and $22,000 in bribes from two financial advisers, according to the release. In addition to the postseason ban, the Cowboys received three years of probation and a $10,000 fine plus 1% of the men’s basketball program budget (self-imposed by the university).

Recruiting also suffers a massive blow, as the Cowboys got a scholarship reduction by a total of three during the 2020-21 through 2022-23 academic years, a reduction of men’s basketball official visits to 25 during the 2018-19/2019-20 rolling two-year period and to 18 during the 2019-20/2020-21 rolling two-year period (self-imposed by the university), a prohibition of men’s basketball unofficial visits for two weeks during the fall of 2020 and two weeks during the fall of 2021 (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit unofficial visits for three additional weeks during the fall of 2020, 2021 and/or 2022, all according to the release.

“The conduct at issue in this case was related to a broader scheme that involved money and influence at the intersection of college and professional basketball,” the committee said in its decision, according to the release. “The scheme resulted in the arrest and prosecution of multiple individuals — including college basketball coaches — on conspiracy and bribery charges, and it led to significant NCAA reforms.”

The 2020-21 Oklahoma State men’s basketball team had high expectations coming into next season. With the country’s top player, Cade Cunningham, joining the team and having the No. 10 overall recruiting class in the 2020 cycle, the season looked bright for the Cowboys. Now, though, that team and that talent will not get to show off in March.