Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s funny because if that’s the IU roster, you guys think we’re a 20 win team going to the NCAA tourney. But because it’s Purdue(who has a better coach), they’re going to be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes I have quite the reputation of an optimist on this board. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

As much as I hate to say it, I think it’s a better roster than last season and opens up more for Williams down low. Won’t have the experienced length of Haarms or Eastern but Purdue will probably be better than they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That is assuming all of the newcomers are all contributing day one and that rarely happens.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, Brass Cannon said:

True. But I bet a savvy talker could convince a hard working kid that Painter isn’t interested in helping them develop. 

In general, Painter's comments were spot on however he may have been better served waiting a week before that interview as his emotions allowed him to throw the kids under the bus.  To their credit, neither player has clapped back at him...yet.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:07 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This Nojel Eastern stuff is first class drama.

And I love every minute of it!

I cannot believe Michigan wants him. He isn’t Isiah Todd that is for sure. They also lost Cole Bajema this off season.

He’s athletic and strong, no doubt but he lacks basketball skills.

I can’t wait to watch this unfold.

He also brings with him the baggage of "Treed" his Mom who is all over the message boards.  Howard may have told her to knock it off.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hunter and Wheeler coming at Eastern on Social media.

Hunter “just like cookin you in practice”

Wheeler “can’t wait to bust yo a$$”

Interesting. Hunter could turn into a heckuva college scorer at some point.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If that is true, Painter needs to step in and shut that down.  But Painter is stinging and may not see it that way.

58 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Lol. Purdue and Illinois in top 3

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I will have to say what that graph really illustrates is just how hard it is to win the big one.Some awfully strong programs in that bunch.

That said, Purdue still sucks!

Must be something in the State of Kentucky's drinking water.

Eric Crawford -WDRB in Louisvile

University of Kentucky has announced the firing of all four of its cheerleading coaches and a longtime advisor after an internal investigation revealed incidents of alcohol use, hazing and public nudity during off-campus events.

Must be something in the State of Kentucky's drinking water.
Eric Crawford -WDRB in Louisvile
University of Kentucky has announced the firing of all four of its cheerleading coaches and a longtime advisor after an internal investigation revealed incidents of alcohol use, hazing and public nudity during off-campus events.

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

Interesting!

We won’t be playing Butler in the Gavitt games. We’ve already played Creighton and Marquette.

That leaves:
Georgetown
Providence
St. John’s
Villanova
Xavier

I’m thinking we get either Georgetown or Xavier. If we were to play against Villanova.. that would add to an already crazy strong noncon schedule.

Interesting!

We won’t be playing Butler in the Gavitt games. We’ve already played Creighton and Marquette.

That leaves:
Georgetown
Providence
St. John’s
Villanova
Xavier

I’m thinking we get either Georgetown or Xavier. If we were to play against Villanova.. that would add to an already crazy strong noncon schedule.

Ooh good points. I think Georgetown would be a good matchup for both the media (two storied programs) and IU (extra big down year for Ewing). Of course, Xavier is regionally close and would be a decent story as well

41 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Interesting!

That leaves:
Georgetown
Providence
St. John’s
Villanova
Xavier

Hasn't Purdue played Marquette twice? I'd rather play someone we haven't seen in awhile, in any case. 

You're never to old to learn.  At nearly 72 years of age, I today learned the definition for "a basket toss".

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-uk-scandal-a-perfect-time-to-reassess-emphasis-on-cheerleaders-dance-teams/article_ae7d37b2-9932-11ea-95d6-ff868d517202.html