Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Why would Michigan want him? He is a good defender, decent ball-handler.....but pretty clearly a head-case and a negative offensively. 

I suppose he'll be able to play right away, but would love for him to eat a scholarship at Michigan for 2yrs. 

More wins =\= better team. Or are the 73 win Warriors the best NBA team ever in your view. 

That 73 team win was pretty darned good. Maybe not the best ever. But definitely one of the best. But basing things of Ken Pom from year just isn’t a good or consistent practice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That 73 team win was pretty darned good. Maybe not the best ever. But definitely one of the best. But basing things of Ken Pom from year just isn’t a good or consistent practice.

That 73 win team won in a “better era of basketball” too so how could they not be the best team of all time, according to you?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The perfect ending would be if he first gets a starter's role but shortly thereafter is relegated to the bench and sees less minutes that he averaged at PUke.  What would momma think of that?

Momma said to knock you out 

That 73 win team won in a “better era of basketball” too so how could they not be the best team of all time, according to you?

That mode Bulls teams were pretty good. But I didn’t get to actually watch them. From teams that I’ve actually gotten to witness: 04 Pistons, 05 Suns, 06 Heat, 08 Celtics, 13 Heat, 15 Warriors, 14 Spurs and there are some others, are the best teams I’ve ever seen. 2008 USA team too.

This Nojel Eastern stuff is first class drama.

And I love every minute of it!

I cannot believe Michigan wants him. He isn’t Isiah Todd that is for sure. They also lost Cole Bajema this off season.

He’s athletic and strong, no doubt but he lacks basketball skills.

I can’t wait to watch this unfold.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As far as the Stu hot take of Purdue being this seasons Nebraska.

I can only hope but there is no way they are that bad. They’ve got some good pieces left and Painter really knows what he’s doing.

I did like Haarms and hated playing against him but Painter clearly favored Williams and couldn’t find a way to play both enough minutes.

I’m so ready for college basketball to be back. Lol

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I can only hope but there is no way they are that bad. They’ve got some good pieces left and Painter really knows what he’s doing.

I did like Haarms and hated playing against him but Painter clearly favored Williams and couldn’t find a way to play both enough minutes.

Williams is talented for sure but for the first time in a bit Painter isn’t going to have more size than most other teams. 

We will have multiple bodies to throw at Williams. Not sure they have anybody to stop TJD. Normally that would mean you ask your best defender to help keep the ball out of the paint but not only did they lose their best but they are going to be starting at least two bad defenders.  

Teams that can exploit that are going to make for long nights. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

FWIW I said without Williams they’d be Nebraska. ;)

I consider Williams one of the five or ten best players in the B1G. With him? They’re about a .500 total record and below .500 in the B1G.

Williams is talented for sure but for the first time in a bit Painter isn’t going to have more size than most other teams. 

We will have multiple bodies to throw at Williams. Not sure they have anybody to stop TJD. Normally that would mean you ask your best defender to help keep the ball out of the paint but not only did they lose their best but they are going to be starting at least two bad defenders.  

Teams that can exploit that are going to make for long nights. 

If they had shooters to protect him I would say he could get to that 30 mpg and be effective that long. Until the baby Boilers hit with any level of consistency they will see a lot of defenses like we did last year.

I consider Williams one of the five or ten best players in the B1G. With him? They’re about a .500 total record and below .500 in the B1G.

True. You did say without Williams. I still wouldn’t think they’d be Nebraska-type bad. Newman, Ivey, Wheeler, Sacha, Hunter. They could play small ball. But fortunately it does seem to point to a down year for Purdue. Unfortunately, they add Furst after that.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If Williams gets in foul trouble, they're a mediocre mid-major, if that.