Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

News from Laffyetette per Jeff Borzello

Purdue junior Nojel Eastern has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Started 62 games the past two seasons, averaged 4.9 points and 2.7 assists last season.

Is that 3 or 4 of their top 6 guys from a not great team. 

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

News from Laffyette per Jeff Borzello

Purdue junior Nojel Eastern has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Started 62 games the past two seasons, averaged 4.9 points and 2.7 assists last season.

giphy.gif

Something is up in Purdue-land.

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is that 3 or 4 of their top 6 guys from a not great team. 

By my count, their rotation players from last year were:

1. Williams
  2. Haarms
  3. Hunter
  4. Proctor
  5. Wheeler
  6. Stefanovich
  7. Eastern
  8. Boudreaux
  9. Isaiah Thompson

They have two red-shirt freshmen and three true freshmen coming in. The only one over 6'6" is a project freshman.

Williams is really good, but they appear to be a 16-15 team that has gotten worse.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Williams
  2. Haarms
  3. Hunter
  4. Proctor
  5. Wheeler
  6. Stefanovich
  7. Eastern
  8. Boudreaux
  9. Isaiah Thompson

They definitely aren’t doomed. But don’t see them being able to take that next step they were hoping for. Their defense will take a step back for sure. Whether they have the guard play to play significantly better offense is still unknown. 

They definitely aren’t doomed. But don’t see them being able to take that next step they were hoping for. Their defense will take a step back for sure. Whether they have the guard play to play significantly better offense is still unknown. 

They do have Newman coming in after sitting a year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They do have Newman coming in after sitting a year.

They have four players between 6'4" and 6'6" who have potential: Ivey, Newman, Gillis, and Morton. I believe all were composite ranked between 75-150 (maybe Gillis was worse). None of them have played a college minute, and all will have their ups and downs ..  at best.

Williams is a mediocre defender and a terrible rim protector. Stefanovich and Thompson are 'minus defenders' too. 

I'm looking for them to all but assuredly pick up a grad transfer in the next month.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I honestly think Eastern is addition by subtraction.

He’s a good/great defender but his offensive ineptitude is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Your basically replacing him with a freshmen though. Virtually guaranteed the defense won’t be as good.  And yeah the offense will probably be better. But losing Haarms already hurt their D bad and now this. Their offense might be a bit better but it’s going to be a lot easier to score on them. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

They have four players between 6'4" and 6'6" who have potential: Ivey, Newman, Gillis, and Morton. I believe all were composite ranked between 75-150 (maybe Gillis was worse). None of them have played a college minute, and all will have their ups and downs ..  at best.

Williams is a mediocre defender and a terrible rim protector. Stefanovich and Thompson are 'minus defenders' too. 

I'm looking for them to all but assuredly pick up a grad transfer in the next month.

Tough year to try and integrate a guy into the system via grad transfer.  

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Williams
  2. Haarms
  3. Hunter
  4. Proctor
  5. Wheeler
  6. Stefanovich
  7. Eastern
  8. Boudreaux
  9. Isaiah Thompson

They have two red-shirt freshmen and three true freshmen coming in. The only one over 6'6" is a project freshman.

Williams is really good, but they appear to be a 16-15 team that has gotten worse.

Painter seems to do his best coaching when there's a challenge involved.

Could Archie get his win against Purdue finally? God I hope so