Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Doesn't take a fool to see that he and the fam got something. C'mon, an 800thousand dollar home to live in while he was at Duke. Sorry folk, me and the wife do well, but not if we have to pay the rent and utilities for a crib like that!

The Score is ranking the 100 best sports uniforms of all time. They’ve done 41-100 so far. Indiana basketball uniforms nowhere to be found(obviously). Basketball jerseys so far....

99. Orlando Magic(1990’s)
97. San Antonio Spurs(Current)
96. Kansas(1990’s)
91. USA Basketball(1992)
89. Phoenix Suns(1990’s)
87. New Jersey Nets(1970’s)
70. Charlotte Hornets(1990’s)
69. Seattle Super Sonics(1990’s)
64. Philadelphia 76ers(Current)
51. New York Knicks(1990’s)
42. Chicago Bulls(Current)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Basically they are keeping the Team Value Index which was number 1( still don’t know the algorithm) and the adjusted Net efficiency rating which was number 2
No longer using
3. Winning percentage
4. Adjusted winning percentage
5. Scoring margin

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2020-05-11/di-mens-basketball-committee-announces-change-net-2020-21

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Basically they are keeping the Team Value Index which was number 1( still don’t know the algorithm) and the adjusted Net efficiency rating which was number 2
No longer using
3. Winning percentage
4. Adjusted winning percentage
5. Scoring margin

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2020-05-11/di-mens-basketball-committee-announces-change-net-2020-21

So now 14-16 Purdue will be top 5 instead of top 25.

If it's that bad they won't be playing basketball at all. Anyone can contract the coronavirus. Statistically those who are 60 and older who have COVID-19 have a high mortality rate. But people of all ages are getting it and dying from it. If Boeheim or Krzyzewski can get it so can Archie Miller and Trayce Jackson Davis. The odds of Archie and TJD recovering would be greater than Boeheim or Krzyaewski but the chances of getting it are the same if they are coaching or playing in an environment containing infectious materials or surfaces.

10 hours ago, maharkn said:

Let them wear a hazmat suit on the sidelines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What the world learned from Fred hoiberg is that people are willing to make really poor selfish decisions.  Some controls need to be in place.

In regards to the changes to the NET, I wonder what they'll do about location of game metric if there are no fans. I'm hopeful the season happens, but that seems up in the air. I'll personally be shocked if it happens with anything more than essential personnel in attendance at games. If that's the case, a road game is just not a typical road game. Do they just wipe out how location of game figures in? How is the quad system adjusted? It will be quite interesting to see a season play out when home court advantages are almost completely taken away, and how the NET is adjusted to account for that. 

Edit: I have no intention whatsoever of starting a debate about COVID with this ^^. I'm sure the thread dedicated to that has it all covered.