Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Huge news out of South Bend.  Muffet McGraw has retired as the ND women's coach and they've already named Niele Ivey as her replacement.  McGraw's been at ND for 33 years.  Ivey is a former ND player and was on McGraw's staff for a couple of years.  She's the mother of PUke recruit Jaden Ivey.  

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Huge news out of South Bend.  Muffet McGraw has retired as the ND women's coach and they've already named Niele Ivey as her replacement.  McGraw's been at ND for 33 years.  Ivey is a former ND player and was on McGraw's staff for a couple of years.  She's the mother of PUke recruit Jaden Ivey.  

Be hilarious if he transferred to Notre Dame

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

2016 IU at Iowa to clinch B1G regular season title is on BTN right now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That 2016 IU team is underrated in IU history. So deep, and so easy to root for.

Yogi, Max, RoJo, OG, TB, Troy, Juwan, Nick, and Collin. 

Such a strong, great shooting nine. A shame that RoJo got hurt and that they drew UNC in the Sweet 16.

Word is that Haarms will be BYU bound. Kentucky fans quickly anointed him as the best big man in the history of the game...now that he is BYU-bound, he was “only a bench player at Purdue and is not that big a deal.”

23 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Word is that Haarms will be BYU bound. Kentucky fans quickly anointed him as the best big man in the history of he game...now that he is BYU-bound, he was “only a bench player at Purdue and is not that big a deal.”

Yup... FWIW, the Kentucky board is a fun read tonight. They currently hate Matt Haarms more than he was ever hated in Assembly Hall.

19 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bizarre move for Haarms if true

Not necessarily...Calipari has an extremely guard oriented system, and he’d be joining a team with a bunch of high ego 18 year olds. 

He’s likely a pro in Europe, not the NBA anyway, and on BYU he’d be a featured player.

That 2016 IU team is underrated in IU history. So deep, and so easy to root for.

Yogi, Max, RoJo, OG, TB, Troy, Juwan, Nick, and Collin. 

Such a strong, great shooting nine. A shame that RoJo got hurt and that they drew UNC in the Sweet 16.

That teams start was pretty rough. Wheels were falling off before Big Ten play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not necessarily...Calipari has an extremely guard oriented system, and he’d be joining a team with a bunch of high ego 18 year olds. 

He’s likely a pro in Europe, not the NBA anyway, and on BYU he’d be a featured player.

Is Haarms Mormon? That would make more sense to me too. 

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Is Haarms Mormon? That would make more sense to me too. 

Nope, but he's 23 and quite possibly at a different stage in his life. A team full of 18 year old one and dones, or "think they're one and dones" has a very different culture than he likely prefers. Because of their missions, BYU has a much older student population than most schools. And, they were top 25 last season. And, they very much needed a big.

Seems like a really smart decision by Haarms if you ask me.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wouldn’t add Butler. Need to get in something that competes nationally. Champions Classic has Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky. I think something along Indiana, North Carolina, Arizona and Villanova. That’d be more fun. But I’d also like to see another series that interesting. Against an Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Florida or something. But that’s what sucks about the 20 game conference schedule and having the CC, B1G/ACC/Gavitt games. Not much room to fill games against teams from the Pac12, Big 12 or SEC. I was surprised with the Arky game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I chose Butler to maintain the Border War concept which is the theme...and Butler draws a lot better in Indy than does Purdue.