Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Whose perception? Do you consistently have Baylor on your mind due to the one time a year they play Kentucky? No. You build perception by winning in the season and in the postseason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Perception going into that game. Games having hype built around them. Like when Indiana does play Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky. You don’t get that playing Butler and Notre Dame. It’s just a decent matchup. If we still had an 18 game conference schedule, I wouldn’t mind having Notre Dame as a 4th game for us outside of 3 bigger ones. I don’t care to play Butler. Honestly they are more annoying than Purdue.

I agree with this even though you are being sarcastic. I would love to load up on teams hovering 100-150. Then play 4-6 tier 1a teams. We would be guaranteed a top 5 SOS every year.

I mean if you think about it, you can cheat this system really easily and pile up on Quad 2 wins in the OOC with some Quad 1’s.

I mean if you think about it, you can cheat this system really easily and pile up on Quad 2 wins in the OOC with some Quad 1’s.

That’s what you should be doing if it also assists in the dual objective of getting everyone a run to determine best lineups in game situations.

Perception going into that game. Games having hype built around them. Like when Indiana does play Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky. You don’t get that playing Butler and Notre Dame. It’s just a decent matchup. If we still had an 18 game conference schedule, I wouldn’t mind having Notre Dame as a 4th game for us outside of 3 bigger ones. I don’t care to play Butler. Honestly they are more annoying than Purdue.

Joe (Xavier) nobody outside of Southern Indiana and some people sprinkled in are getting hyped for Indiana to play anyone. It’s not the names that gets you hyped it’s the teams involved. If we are good, yes they are great for TV. We will always have viewership. But fans from Syracuse don’t give a damn if random IU plays Kentucky. It’s your perception you are worried about. Nobody else’s perception. You are the one placing hype if IU plays Duke. For one night. Perception and hype are two totally different things. Both are good when your team is good. Not because our name is Indiana and we are playing a Duke. But if that is perception/hype what you need, Duke has that about 40 games a year. We used to be the same way and our decline isn’t because we quit playing Kentucky.

Joe (Xavier) nobody outside of Southern Indiana and some people sprinkled in are getting hyped for Indiana to play anyone. It’s not the names that gets you hyped it’s the teams involved. If we are good, yes they are great for TV. We will always have viewership. But fans from Syracuse don’t give a damn if random IU plays Kentucky. It’s your perception you are worried about. Nobody else’s perception. You are the one placing hype if IU plays Duke. For one night. Perception and hype are two totally different things. Both are good when your team is good. Not because our name is Indiana and we are playing a Duke. But if that is perception/hype what you need, Duke has that about 40 games a year. We used to be the same way and our decline isn’t because we quit playing Kentucky. 

It helps. And getting on National TV like that helps. Especially if we actually compete and maybe even win. We were just a random IU team playing in 2011 too.

Dwyane Wades son reclassified from the 2020 class to the 2021 class. He was ranked #197 in the 247composite. Had offers from Rhode Island, Toledo and DePaul. He’s only 6-3. Just a little shorter than his dad, but has some bounce. Surprised a bigger school didn’t take a swing on him just to have DWade attend some games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Dwyane Wades son reclassified from the 2020 class to the 2021 class. He was ranked #197 in the 247composite. Had offers from Rhode Island, Toledo and DePaul. He’s only 6-3. Just a little shorter than his dad, but has some bounce. Surprised a bigger school didn’t take a swing on him just to have DWade attend some games.

You mean like a Georgia for example?   lol

It helps. And getting on National TV like that helps. Especially if we actually compete and maybe even win. We were just a random IU team playing in 2011 too.

We have been on ESPN and CBS over 10 times per year as a B1G school my whole life. We are actually on ESPN or CBS more times than any other B1G almost every year. If we took on any of those teams you suggested it’s not like we are taking a B1G network game and moving to ESPN. We would replace a game with another on the same network. Again you are hyping up 2011 because we made a winning play. It’s not like more people watched it because it was IU vs Kentucky. We will always carry viewers. We have to win for “perception” and “hype”. It’s funny cause your one example is one where we won and it created “hype”. Yes exactly my point. Why didn’t you bring up any of the other years? Because this one was memorable with a single play. Thanks for elaborating on the point I was trying to make.

We have been on ESPN and CBS over 10 times per year as a B1G school my whole life. We are actually on ESPN or CBS more times than any other B1G almost every year. If we took on any of those teams you suggested it’s not like we are taking a B1G network game and moving to ESPN. We would replace a game with another on the same network. Again you are hyping up 2011 because we made a winning play. It’s not like more people watched it because it was IU vs Kentucky. We will always carry viewers. We have to win for “perception” and “hype”. It’s funny cause your one example is one where we won and it created “hype”. Yes exactly my point. Why didn’t you bring up any of the other years? Because this one was memorable with a single play. Thanks for elaborating on the point I was trying to make.

Except for playing Butler in CBS, you’re playing Kentucky. Indiana is still a huge brand but we act like a little brand. We are a national brand and we should act like it.

Tuesday evening trivia from Jon Rothstein -

Here are the combined averages of the mid-major players who used the grad transfer rule to play high-major basketball last year:

18-19 at mid-major level: 14.4 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 2.1 APG, 31 MPG, 11 FGA.

19-20 at high-major level: 6.1 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 0.9 APG, 20 MPG, 5.2 FGA.

Tuesday evening trivia from Jon Rothstein -
Here are the combined averages of the mid-major players who used the grad transfer rule to play high-major basketball last year:
18-19 at mid-major level: 14.4 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 2.1 APG, 31 MPG, 11 FGA.
19-20 at high-major level: 6.1 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 0.9 APG, 20 MPG, 5.2 FGA.

I still want Jordan Burns from Colgate.

Except for playing Butler in CBS, you’re playing Kentucky. Indiana is still a huge brand but we act like a little brand. We are a national brand and we should act like it.

It takes two to tango. This isn’t about UNC, Duke, etc. Its about Kentucky. We negotiated. They did not.

It takes two to tango. This isn’t about UNC, Duke, etc. Its about Kentucky. We negotiated. They did not.

No negotiations needed. Just play. Where shouldn’t matter. It’s been 8 years now. Just play the damn game.

No negotiations needed. Just play. Where shouldn’t matter. It’s been 8 years now. Just play the damn game.

Unfortunately negotiations are needed. It takes two sides still. It is what it is. Next coach will probably want to play us.

Unfortunately negotiations are needed. It takes two sides still. It is what it is. Next coach will probably want to play us.

Next coach? New AD might make it happen. I doubt Archie actually cares where it is played.

We will likely play Duke or UNC in the bigten acc challenge every other year. It’s the Kentucky game that takes some action. Kentucky suggested playing in Indy and that is a negotiation and one we should take.

Why does it need to be in the hall?

We will likely play Duke or UNC in the bigten acc challenge every other year. It’s the Kentucky game that takes some action. Kentucky suggested playing in Indy and that is a negotiation and one we should take.

Why does it need to be in the hall?

Never said it had to? When they negotiated with us they kept adding demands. It wasn’t just location. They wanted a higher allocation of tickets. Things like that. Duke doesn’t even pull that. They aren’t that important.

Never said it had to? When they negotiated with us they kept adding demands. It wasn’t just location. They wanted a higher allocation of tickets. Things like that. Duke doesn’t even pull that. They aren’t that important.

Playing in Indy is great and them asking for tickets is pretty normal, every team gets tickets for away/neutral games.

The fact is, we wanted to keep it a home and home and they wanted neutral locations and even offered our state capital as the location. It’s really about control and politics which is sad.

There isn’t really anything bad about what they proposed/demanded, we just didn’t want to bend from the norm