Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Ha, it’s actually a good basketball school. Back when Steve Platt ran the team we were one of the top NAIA schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah not a bad school. My son was recruited by them for soccer several years back. Interestingly they have a ton of black squirrels running around the campus.

Yeah not a bad school. My son was recruited by them for soccer several years back. Interestingly they have a ton of black squirrels running around the campus.

Gotta be all that lime. It’s a nice quiet little campus. It’s crazy cause those kids never cause problems. Hell the locals are way worse than them. Quietest college campus you will see.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Gotta be all that lime. It’s a nice quiet little campus. It’s crazy cause those kids never cause problems. Hell the locals are way worse than them. Quietest college campus you will see.

You’d never know it was there if you never venture East of Guilford. The Meth Head Townies are way worse!  

Not really sure exactly what this goes towards but it seems like DD is auctioning items to give money to workers of Nick’s workers during these tough times. Pretty awesome of him to do that even if I don’t agree with some of the other things he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not really sure exactly what this goes towards but it seems like DD is auctioning items to give money to workers of Nick’s workers during these tough times. Pretty awesome of him to do that even if I don’t agree with some of the other things he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Of course that’s what he’s auctioning. I don’t have any words for that guy. I do want someone pay for this and all the Nick’s employees get as much money as possible. I just hope whoever does buy it understands the irony.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-basketball/news/predictions-that-jalen-greens-pro-plan-will-lead-to-ncaa-basketballs-demise-are-wildly-off-course-again/13t05cllbbakdzlq3zu1xeh9d?__twitter_impression=true

Decourcy writing about how those saying this is the end of College Basketball because Jalen Green signed with the NBA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29055274/top-international-prospect-kerr-kriisa-commits-arizona

Archie’s big brother continues to land recruits from every avenue. Got to wonder if/when the FBI investigation impacts their ability to reload year in and year out. Maybe the lack of a repercussion has just emboldened them to keep up the shady practices and that’s why things keep rolling along. ?

I think this idea of the NCAA doing with Basketball with how the College Hockey Athletes use the NHL Draft and then decide if they are going to stay in school is interesting.

The main drawback would be unsettled rosters in June, but I believe they would adapt well

I think this idea of the NCAA doing with Basketball with how the College Hockey Athletes use the NHL Draft and then decide if they are going to stay in school is interesting.
The main drawback would be unsettled rosters in June, but I believe they would adapt well

It should be pretty simple. Declare by a week after the national title game. If you declare, you lose your eligibility. You’re an adult. Make a decision and deal with the consequences.

46 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It should be pretty simple. Declare by a week after the national title game. If you declare, you lose your eligibility. You’re an adult. Make a decision and deal with the consequences.

Yeah because that’s totally how the real world works. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not even close!

Yeah because that’s totally how the real world works. 

It is. But let’s keep coddling them all because that’s what has happened their entire lives as they fail to set themselves up for the future because daddy is telling them they’re are the best since sliced bread.

It is. But let’s keep coddling them all because that’s what has happened their entire lives as they fail to set themselves up for the future because daddy is telling them they’re are the best since sliced bread.

Just basketball? Or every Sport that allows the players to decide after they get drafted?

27 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It is?  Because I most assuredly quit a job once for another then realized I made a mistake and was able to stay at my old job. 

There’s nothing immature about realizing you have made a mistake with a decision and trying to go back to the status quo 

Just basketball? Or every Sport that allows the players to decide after they get drafted?

Is there is a big difference between going from college basketball to the NBA and trying to go pro from college into hockey, football or baseball. Basketball is incredibly hard to go pro in. As in like a 1 in 11000 chance. The other sports aren’t even close. It would actually protect players even more so than rules would now.

It is?  Because I most assuredly quit a job once for another then realized I made a mistake and was able to stay at my old job. 

There’s nothing immature about realizing you have made a mistake with a decision and trying to go back to the status quo 

Maybe they should learn to think things through, look through possibilities of things that could happen, pros and cons, is going undrafted really worth leaving? Is the 2nd round worth leaving early for when I’ll go in the 2nd round any year? Maybe I could come back and go from undrafted to 2nd round. How much does it cost to live here or there. How much does an agent cost. How good will my team be if I return? Well this team says they are i interested in me but what’s other 20 guys are they interested in?

23 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Maybe they should learn to think things through, look through possibilities of things that could happen, pros and cons, is going undrafted really worth leaving? Is the 2nd round worth leaving early for when I’ll go in the 2nd round any year? Maybe I could come back and go from undrafted to 2nd round. How much does it cost to live here or there. How much does an agent cost. How good will my team be if I return? Well this team says they are i interested in me but what’s other 20 guys are they interested in?

Ok once again admitting you made a mistake is not a sign of immaturity.  

And not making somebody suffer for a mistake is a sign of maturity. 

A G league that pays well is the right answer and solves 90% of the issues discussed here.  Give kids who are not interested or ready for college a chance to go pro and not make a mockery of the university process.

A G league that pays well is the right answer and solves 90% of the issues discussed here.  Give kids who are not interested or ready for college a chance to go pro and not make a mockery of the university process.

I believe the NBA was waiting on all 30 teams to get a G-League team. I think they want a legitimate farm system. And it’s a good idea. Personally I’d love to see there be a type of D-2(G-League) and a D-3 under the G-League. Maybe D-3 players get paid in the 50-75K range and have the ability to work up. Kinda like in baseball. There are a lot of basketball players out there.