Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That really doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. But I guess if you want to play in the GLeague or overseas, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Calipari is on record saying he encourages his players to leave for the pros as soon as they can. Then he likes to turn around and whine about how he has to replace his whole team so often. 

That's six UK players who have declared, plus they have a grad transfer graduating. But I'm sure they'll start next year ranked #2 or #3 anyway, just because. 

First comment isn't wrong.

I love college basketball, but CFB as a product is way better.  Yeah there are plenty of football players who transfer, but the impact is smaller since there are like 85 players on a roster.  No guys going pro after 1 year who clearly aren't ready.

Random as hell, but I’m watching old Indiana games on YouTube with my son today and a random IU vs Wisky game comes on and they flashed “Indiana has won 29 straight games against the Badgers”

Wow have things changed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Calipari is on record saying he encourages his players to leave for the pros as soon as they can. Then he likes to turn around and whine about how he has to replace his whole team so often. 

That's six UK players who have declared, plus they have a grad transfer graduating. But I'm sure they'll start next year ranked #2 or #3 anyway, just because. 

They have Brooks. Not really sure why Whitney is leaving. Averaged like 3 points. Kentucky does have a transfer PG from Creighton who will be a senior.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

LA and NY mayors just said sports events and concerts are unlikely to resume in their cities until 2021. Wonder if recruits to colleges there would be given releases of their commitments if other states and/or cities will be playing basketball/football in the fall. 

7 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

LA and NY mayors just said sports events and concerts are unlikely to resume in their cities until 2021. Wonder if recruits to Achilles there would be given releases of their commitments if other states and/or cities will be playing basketball/football in the fall. 

Why would they say that already?  You sure Trump didn’t say it for them?

3 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Why would they say that already?  You sure Trump didn’t say it for them?

Nope. The mayors. It’s breaking news at the moment so can’t find a supporting link for NY, but here is the California Mayor. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/los-angeles-mayor-coronavirus-concerts-cnntv/index.html

2 minutes ago, jk34 said:

College sports are not driven by those two markets.

No but my guess is probably a fair amount of conferences would have at least one team in those markets. 

Off top of my head you have 3 of the top 6 basketball conferences with a team in those markets

4 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Nope. The mayors. It’s breaking news at the moment so can’t find a supporting link for NY, but here is the California Mayor. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/los-angeles-mayor-coronavirus-concerts-cnntv/index.html

So the main thing I’m getting from this article is no large gatherings. Concerts don’t make sense without a crowd but I don’t think this eliminates sporting events with no fans in attendance. Which its not at all surprising to think fans attending a sporting event will not happen until 2021.