Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Okay ...I looked it up.
For the past ten years UK's pre-season AP rankings have been:
11, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 5, 2, and 2.
For the past ten years UK's end of season AP rankings have been:
11, 1, Not Ranked, Not Ranked, 1, 10, 6, 18, 7, and 8.

Nothing to sneeze at, but nowhere near the pre-season hype.

I’d take that all day everyday. That is a team with legit title hopes 8/10 years. Good research Stu!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d take that all day everyday. That is a team with legit title hopes 8/10 years. Good research Stu!

Granted I do like having older teams. But look at Virginia, have a great season players will go to the NBA even if they didn’t seem like NBA guys.

Getting old and staying old is only part of the solution. If that is your plan, you have to have a few stars to put you on top.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay ...I looked it up.

For the past ten years UK's pre-season AP rankings have been:

11, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 5, 2, and 2.

For the past ten years UK's end of season AP rankings have been:

11, 1, Not Ranked, Not Ranked, 1, 10, 6, 18, 7, and 8.

Nothing to sneeze at, but nowhere near the pre-season hype.

I'm interested in how that shakes out for other teams as well. Pre-season rankings can be a crap shoot, but both starting and ending the season in the top 10 in six of the past ten seasons is pretty dang good. 

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Rumors circulating that top ten uncommitted recruit Jalen Green and UK top five incoming recruit Terrence Clarke may both skip college altogether.

Why not. If you’re only planning on playing one year in college, and there’s a chance that season will be shortened or you might not be able to play in front of crowds - might as well let a G-league or European team pay you a little bit of money and bank on professional teams being able to have more control over when you can get back in the gym and work on your game. I still think the NBA and other professional leagues have a greater incentive to get guys playing basketball sooner than college programs which may be hamstrung by cautious universities. 

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Rumors circulating that top ten uncommitted recruit Jalen Green and UK top five incoming recruit Terrence Clarke may both skip college altogether.

If the potential mass exodus from pUKe does indeed take place, there won't be any excuses for Keion not getting all the minutes he wants next season.

21 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein -

Kentucky's E.J. Montgomery has declared for the 2020 NBA Draft and will forgo his remaining eligibility, per release. Significant news.

Matt Haarms is gonna play 35 minutes a game if he goes there.

Haarms is an excellent effort guy with low coordination and a high base. If he plays that much his chances of injury are really really high.

Matt Haarms is gonna play 35 minutes a game if he goes there.
Haarms is an excellent effort guy with low coordination and a high base. If he plays that much his chances of injury are really really high.

Should probably go to a place like gonzaga where he can play 15-20 minutes a game and get some actual coaching

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rothstein -
Kentucky's E.J. Montgomery has declared for the 2020 NBA Draft and will forgo his remaining eligibility, per release. Significant news.

That really doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. But I guess if you want to play in the GLeague or overseas, go for it.