Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.
And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

His best was his 14-15 team. They just ended up losing a close and very controversial game to Wisconsin. That team went 38-1. They were well on their way to an undefeated season. I think it was a goaltending call?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

His best was his 14-15 team. They just ended up losing a close and very controversial game to Wisconsin. That team went 38-1. They were well on their way to an undefeated season. I think it was a goaltending call?

A lot of Kentucky fans point to the tip in by Hayes after the shot clock expired as why they were screwed. My response to them has always been if the officials would have actually called the flagrant foul on Trey Lyles earlier in the game, that call is probably moot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There was a “did the shot clock expire?” tip in by Wisky with 2:30 left. Wisky won by seven points. 

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Transfer portal 655+ names now listed. 155+ grad transfers.

And no one yet leaving Bloomington. Still don’t see it happening, but I can honestly say that it never occurred to me that everyone might return.

To be fair I would transfer from Purdue if I was stuck inside all day. You can only play Dungeons and Dragons so much and it blindsided Purdue. Win win

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’d transfer whether I was stuck inside or out!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

And no one yet leaving Bloomington. Still don’t see it happening, but I can honestly say that it never occurred to me that everyone might return.

I'm still waiting for someone to say they're leaving, too ... But if that doesn't happen and Lander reclassifies, we're right at our limit ... Two schollys open. De'Ron and Devonte leaving. Four guys coming in. That would put us right at 13 -- no room for anyone to transfer in. 

But that tip in tied the game up. Something like that changes a lot.

And if the officials would have called the Flagrant foul on Lykes earlier, that basket is moot. I just watched this game about 4 days ago. That non call gave Kentucky momentum.

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

A lot of Kentucky fans point to the tip in by Hayes after the shot clock expired as why they were screwed. My response to them has always been if the officials would have actually called the flagrant foul on Trey Lyles earlier in the game, that call is probably moot.

That is a reasonable and mature response. Mine would be "Good, I'm glad you got screwed out of it! Sucks when someone not playing by the rules gets rewarded, huh?!?" Then I would probably devolve into vicious name calling that would end with me getting stabbed by the toothless, in-bred @#$%@ Kentuck.

Man, I hate those vermin. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But that tip in tied the game up. Something like that changes a lot.

I thought that Calipari lost that game by not being aggressive enough down the stretch. They had more talent and, if they continued to play the game they had all season, they would have won. Funny how losing just one game takes a team out of the discussion of best team ever. As much as I loved the '76 t IU team, I've always thought the end of the year '81 team was the best I've ever seen at IU.

16 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As much as I loved the '76 IU team, I've always thought the end of the year '81 team was the best I've ever seen at IU.

Their run through the tournament was almost magical in a sense because our overall record wasn't that impressive.   I hope I remember it accurately but in our opening round against Maryland they came out strong and we just seemed to be bumbling around.  TV timeout and from that point on we just kicked Maryland's butt all the way back to College Park.  During one of the timeouts the TV mics picked up Dreisell asking his team if they liked getting embarrassed (or something along those lines; it's been nearly 40 years)!!  Then in the semifinals we kicked Dale (Sleaze) Brown and LSU.  Awesome season.