Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.

Jeff Goodman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Curious as to why he wasn’t a gopher all along? Is his uncle new to the staff?

One reason(well maybe not) to watch Wrestlemania tonight: Rick '15 seconds of shame' Pitino and Richie Rich are determining home court of a Minnesota/Iona game next year over the result of the World Championship match.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28997244/rick-pitino-challenges-son-richard-pitino-game-wwe-match

One reason(well maybe not) to watch Wrestlemania tonight: Rick '15 seconds of shame' Pitino and Richie Rich are determining home court of a Minnesota/Iona game next year over the result of the World Championship match.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28997244/rick-pitino-challenges-son-richard-pitino-game-wwe-match

Ha now that’s funny.

33 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

UK was largely forgettable this year, BUT I did enjoy watching that kid.

I'm forced to watch all the UK games (fiance is a UK fan) but they were far from forgettable this year. Yes, they did lose to Evansville which was awesome. But if you take that away they had a nice season. They had a very good shot at making the final four. If Richards and/or Quickley return they will be your preseason #1. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm forced to watch all the UK games (fiance is a UK fan) but they were far from forgettable this year. Yes, they did lose to Evansville which was awesome. But if you take that away they had a nice season. They had a very good shot at making the final four. If Richards and/or Quickley return they will be your preseason #1. 

It’s Kentucky. The odds of one of their couple featured players returning are not zero, but they are pretty slim.

35 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not sure I could name a kid other than Hagans. I didn’t say they were bad, they were just another cookie-cutter UK team and, to me, forgettable. Talented enough to go to a final four, young enough to probably not. 

22 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.

Jeff Goodman

Once again our personal mailman delivers.

Corey Evans - Minnesota lands Drake transfer Liam Robbins, sit one, play two big man. Heard from a few MVC coaches that believed he was the best pro prospect in the league last year. Should be a good one for the Gophers.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Corey Evans - Minnesota lands Drake transfer Liam Robbins, sit one, play two big man. Heard from a few MVC coaches that believed he was the best pro prospect in the league last year. Should be a good one for the Gophers.

Wonder which coach he will play for 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

***And likely won’t have to sit at all. 

Good, hope those guys don't come back. I have no idea what effects the Coronavirus will cause in regards to roster turnover around the country, but the last thing I want to see is UK bringing everyone back and having another super-team like they've done multiple times now. 

14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Good, hope those guys don't come back. I have no idea what effects the Coronavirus will cause in regards to roster turnover around the country, but the last thing I want to see is UK bringing everyone back and having another super-team like they've done multiple times now. 

Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.

And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

17 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.

And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

His one did come about as a result of something interrupting his normal recruiting cycle. The lockout caused a few key players to come back. 

you would think he would have learned e value of that