Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 3/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Watford’s shooting kept them in striking distance at the end of the half. Would of loved to seen a junior and senior Remy at IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm with you on Remi.The kid was big , physical and played hard.

Who would be some guys you all found super frustrating when they were on the floor? Like you always yelled at the TV like they could hear you? My list would include Donald Perry, who I was yelling at the TV this morning during the 02 Duke game. Troy Williams, who frustrated me and made me nervous. Just Smith obviously. I know my dad couldn’t stand Donald Perry, Jeremy Hollowell, Bracey Wright, Justin Smith, Verdell Jones, Remy Abell and some others. He’s got a guy every year he’ll yell at. But I swear if I yelled enough this morning that it would have traveled 18 years back and got to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Who would be some guys you all found super frustrating when they were on the floor? 

Andrae Patterson.  He had so much talent but in so many games played like he just didn't care.  I swear he'd pick up fouls intentionally just so Knight had to take him out of games.

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Who would be some guys you all found super frustrating when they were on the floor? 

For me when I attended IU, it was Dane Fife. His 1st three years, Dane seemed to be scared s**t-less to take a shot, even when he was the only player on the side of the floor or when the shot clock was under 5.

Charlie Miller. Just never got better. When you start at IU as a freshman there are certain expectations. At least there were then. During his time was when I realized it may be a while before I see 30 wins again. Didn’t think it would be like this.

For me when I attended IU, it was Dane Fife. His 1st three years, Dane seemed to be scared s**t-less to take a shot, even when he was the only player on the side of the floor or when the shot clock was under 5.

Especially being s burger boy. He was definitely in that upper echelon for 3 years and then totally redeemed himself.

Mike Roberts

Edit: no joke, that is the catalyst for my name that I have had for like 15 years across several boards. He was THE worst basketball player I have ever seen step foot on the court for Indiana including walk-ons. The worst and just funny that he is back on the bench where he spent his entire 4 years as a player

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Mike Roberts

Edit: no joke, that is the catalyst for my name that I have had for like 15 years across several boards. He was THE worst basketball player I have ever seen step foot on the court for Indiana including walk-ons. The worst and just funny that he is back on the bench where he spent his entire 4 years as a player

Nice to hear the backstory. 

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Andrae Patterson.  He had so much talent but in so many games played like he just didn't care.  I swear he'd pick up fouls intentionally just so Knight had to take him out of games.

Yeah,I remember the preseason NIT game against Duke where he just went insane and was unstoppable.Player of the game and had me stoked for his future.Fools Gold as he never played like that again.

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

Yeah,I remember the preseason NIT game against Duke where he just went insane and was unstoppable.Player of the game and had me stoked for his future.Fools Gold as he never played like that again.

And the Duke game is how most remember him.  Not me.

Trivial info on a slow news day from Jon Rothstein -

Interesting Stat: In the last five years, 100 different players have started in the last five Final Fours. Three were graduate transfers.

2019: Texas Tech's Tariq Owens and Matt Mooney

2017: Gonzaga's Jordan Mathews

Richard Mandeville!!

6’11” very athletic out of California and a national top of the top recruit.

Never got the hang of it - best season at IU was 3.5 ppg, 2.1rpg. Bob Knight never coached him effectively; he was during the Collier, Reed, Miller, Patterson era of Knight at his absolute worst.

Richard Mandeville!!
Never got the hang of it - best season at IU was 3.5 ppg, 2.1rpg.

That could definitely bring up another list of players. Players we liked or felt should have been better. Nick Williams(transferred after Creans first year), Hanner Perea, Jeremy Hollowell, Max Hoetzl, Clifton Moore are a few of mine.

Trivial info on a slow news day from Jon Rothstein -
Interesting Stat: In the last five years, 100 different players have started in the last five Final Fours. Three were graduate transfers.
2019: Texas Tech's Tariq Owens and Matt Mooney
2017: Gonzaga's Jordan Mathews

In the last five years, 400 different players have started in the last five Sweet 16's.

11 were graduate transfers.

*Roughly 3% of the starters from the last five Final Fours, Elite Eights, and Sweet 16's have been graduate transfers.
More from Jon

Richard Mandeville!!
Never got the hang of it - best season at IU was 3.5 ppg, 2.1rpg. Bob Knight never coached him effectively; he was during the Collier, Reed, Miller, Patterson era of Knight at his absolute worst.

Absolutely forgot all about him and Collier

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk