Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

39 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

National perspective on State HS BB tournaments:
Canceled (10): CA, CT, IL, KS, MA, NJ, OR, VA, WI, WY

Postponed (14): AK, AR, DE, KY, MD, MI, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, TX, VT, WV

In Progress Fan Limits (11): IN, IA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NM, ND, RI, SD, TN

In Progress No Limits: LA, MT

If high school does play tomorrow I’m hijacking this thread with updates for the high school games. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I plan on watching so i will be right there with ya man

15 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This would honestly be really cool.
IMG_2970.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't like this idea at all. If this were some how the fault of the NCAA, I would consider it. But it's not. Everything everywhere is being cancelled. It's a tough life lesson, but a good one. My son's Pinewood Derby was cancelled. It was tough holding him as he cried. His last one. His favorite event of the scout year. But it's a lesson all the same. Life isn't fair.  

9 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I don't like this idea at all. If this were some how the fault of the NCAA, I would consider it. But it's not. Everything everywhere is being cancelled. It's a tough life lesson, but a good one. My son's Pinewood Derby was cancelled. It was tough holding him as he cried. His last one. His favorite event of the scout year. But it's a lesson all the same. Life isn't fair.  

If this situation had happened very early in the season, I might feel differently but the seniors did get to play an entire regular season.  Yes it sucks they can't play in the tournament but what do you do with the schools who weren't NCAA or NIT participants.  Should their seniors be given another year?  And if you say no because they didn't qualify for a tournament, why should those schools have to play the Duke, pUKe, Kansas seniors again?  Finally, across the country there are kids who've committed (or planning to commit) to a school with the expectation there would be an opportunity for playing time because of a graduating senior.  

13 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He might play better. Might actually see that everything can be taken away just like that.

That's alright. Gotta remember, they are student athletes. Emphasis on "student". Still able to complete their courses and graduate. I feel for them but they have lived entitled long enough. Time to move on and get out in the real world!

Wichita State sophomore Erik Stevenson has entered the transfer portal, a source tells @Rivals. Averaged over 11 points and four rebounds last season.

Source: Wichita State sophomore Jamarius Burton will transfer. Averaged over 10 points, three rebounds & three assists last season.

Wichita State sophomore Erik Stevenson has entered the transfer portal, a source tells @Rivals. Averaged over 11 points and four rebounds last season.

Source: Wichita State sophomore Jamarius Burton will transfer. Averaged over 10 points, three rebounds & three assists last season.

Noah Fernandes, a freshman guard on the Wichita State roster, will also transfer. Saw time in 21 games this past season

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

National perspective on State HS BB tournaments:
Canceled (10): CA, CT, IL, KS, MA, NJ, OR, VA, WI, WY

Postponed (14): AK, AR, DE, KY, MD, MI, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, TX, VT, WV

In Progress Fan Limits (11): IN, IA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NM, ND, RI, SD, TN

In Progress No Limits: LA, MT

If high school does play tomorrow I’m hijacking this thread with updates for the high school games. Lol

Indiana now cancelled, I believe.

Noah Fernandes, a freshman guard on the Wichita State roster, will also transfer. Saw time in 21 games this past season

One more leaving Wichita State, which brings the tally to four today:

Freshman DeAntoni Gordon