Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

USPS, you gonna be alright if tonight is the last day of college basketball until Fall? Not gonna lie, you were the first person I thought of when people started talking about the season being over. Ha. I don’t want you to succumb to heartbreak. 

I will be fine. It will stink but I still have 3 weeks off work that I can spend with my kids if this really happens

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

There it is.   St. Peter’s up 2 with .9 to go on Iona 

delivering in MAAC 

That was a big shot. Had a little “Jordan in game 6 against the Jazz” to it, with the little push off and the defender flying by so he good bury it and leave the hand in the air for the pose. Ha. Great game. 

I know the season is still going on, but right now it really just feels like it’s already over and it’s so disappointing. I look forward to March Madness more than any other sporting event and we’re all about to have that taken away. Even if they do decide to continue it, it’s just not going to be the same without fans in the stands and is going to be hard to watch and get excited for. The Ivy League commissioner is who to blame as he made the first move and put ALL other commissioners under pressure to do the same. Just disappointing and in my opinion is a major overreaction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sources: Thursday's ACC Tournament games in Greensboro are still on as scheduled with limited attendance.

Sources: Thursday's Big East Tournament games at Madison Square Garden are still on as scheduled with limited attendance.

Sources: Thursday's American Conference Tournament games are still on as scheduled in Fort Worth with limited attendance.

Jon Rothstein

Be nice when we get big ten clearance. I hope to hear at my next break at 10.00

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Atlantic 10 Commissioner Bernadette McGlade tells me that Thursday's Atlantic 10 Tournament games at the Barclays Center are still on as scheduled with no fans in attendance.

Jon Rothstein
She is on the selection committee as well

Be nice when we get big ten clearance. I hope to hear at my next break at 10.00

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sources: Thursday's Big Ten Tournament games in Indianapolis are still on as scheduled with no fans in attendance.

Sources: Thursday's Conference-USA Tournament games are still on as scheduled with no fans in attendance.

Sources: Thursday's Big 12 Tournament games in Kansas City are still on as scheduled with limited fans in attendance.

Each program has 125 tickets for its particular game.

Jon Rothstein

Sources: Thursday's Big Ten Tournament games in Indianapolis are still on as scheduled with no fans in attendance.

Sources: Thursday's Conference-USA Tournament games are still on as scheduled with no fans in attendance.

Sources: Thursday's Big 12 Tournament games in Kansas City are still on as scheduled with limited fans in attendance.

Each program has 125 tickets for its particular game.

Jon Rothstein

I really think there are two differences from the NCAA to the NBA. First, the NBA kept playing with a full crowd up until a player contracted the virus. Once a player contracts it, it is over because you have to quarantine every player they came into contact with over the last couple of weeks. I think the second thing done differently is limiting the availability of the players to the media. If they can keep them mostly off planes (or provide private planes), and manage the other things they might’ve able to. Is the risk worth it? I am personally not sure.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

I really think there are two differences from the NCAA to the NBA. First, the NBA kept playing with a full crowd up until a player contracted the virus. Once a player contracts it, it is over because you have to quarantine every player they came into contact with over the last couple of weeks. I think the second thing done differently is limiting the availability of the players to the media. If they can keep them mostly off planes (or provide private planes), and manage the other things they might’ve able to. Is the risk worth it? I am personally not sure.

Yeah and remember part of the strategy here is to not necessarily limit all cases, but to avoid the spike that over-taxes healthcare facilities. So, tens of thousands of intermingling fans is something very different than 100 essential personnel for the game to get played. 

Is the risk worth it? Basically entertainment over public safety? I don’t know. It’s a line-drawing problem. There is value to each. I think there’s legitimate argument and room for differences here as we all decide where we think the line should be drawn. Basketball games are, on the whole, not a huge percentage of human contact taking place. A little silly to take away that interaction, which provides enormous benefit, while there are restaurants and engagement parties and church services and globogyms carrying on without interruption. 

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah and remember part of the strategy here is to not necessarily limit all cases, but to avoid the spike that over-taxes healthcare facilities. So, tens of thousands of intermingling fans is something very different than 100 essential personnel for the game to get played. 

Is the risk worth it? Basically entertainment over public safety? I don’t know. It’s a line-drawing problem. There is value to each. I think there’s legitimate argument and room for differences here as we all decide where we think the line should be drawn. Basketball games are, on the whole, not a huge percentage of human contact taking place. A little silly to take away that interaction, which provides enormous benefit, while there are restaurants and engagement parties and church services and globogyms carrying on without interruption. 

Yeah Italy wasn’t able to stop it just by not allowing fans at games. Pretty sure they ordered Cafes and Bars closed today.