Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Nebraska is pulling football players over to their basketball team now. Quarterback and a 300 lb OL. That should be fun.

We really need to come out focused and crush them in the first half then play the bench players as much as possible in the second half. 

Can't argue with this selection, but it makes me wonder  ... Are there coaches who simply have a ceiling at the mid-major level? Because Grant was great at VCU, was a failure at Alabama and is kicking a$$ at Dayton. Will he parlay this success into a second shot at a Power 5 school? ... John Groce is another. He was great at Ohio U, didn't last at Illinois and this year, won the MAC regular-season title at Akron. ... Darrin Horn (former Crean assistant) did a bang-up job at WKU, stunk at South Carolina and now has Northern Kentucky in the Horizon League title game ... The jury's still out on Shaka, but he knocked it out of the park at VCU, then has been so-so at Texas ... And obviously, we have Archie ... Despite what a lot of people think, I think the jury's still out on him. But are we seeing a guy who's simply gonna peak at the mid-major level? I certainly hope that's not the case ... 

Can't argue with this selection, but it makes me wonder  ... Are there coaches who simply have a ceiling at the mid-major level? Because Grant was great at VCU, was a failure at Alabama and is kicking a$$ at Dayton. Will he parlay this success into a second shot at a Power 5 school? ... John Groce is another. He was great at Ohio U, didn't last at Illinois and this year, won the MAC regular-season title at Akron. ... Darrin Horn (former Crean assistant) did a bang-up job at WKU, stunk at South Carolina and now has Northern Kentucky in the Horizon League title game ... The jury's still out on Shaka, but he knocked it out of the park at VCU, then has been so-so at Texas ... And obviously, we have Archie ... Despite what a lot of people think, I think the jury's still out on him. But are we seeing a guy who's simply gonna peak at the mid-major level? I certainly hope that's not the case ... 

[/url]  

Gotta get the best kids and we know what that takes. Shaka and Texas are trying. Grant at Alabama was trying. Hard to succeed at the highest level without a lot of things going your way.

Speaking of which. Kuminga the #1 player in 2021 is considering a reclass to 2020 and visited Crean and Georgia.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ivy League players petitioning the cancellation of its tournament. I’m with them. This is all ludicrous. In my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Link to article about it: https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/10/petition-ivy-league-conference-basketball-tournaments-reinstated-coronavirus

I understand the students' plight in that other sports at their respective schools are being allowed to travel and compete in competitions around the country this week/weekend. The skeptic in me wonders what percentage of these decisions are made on sound guidance and how much is purely playing the PR game.

Gotta get the best kids and we know what that takes. Shaka and Texas are trying. Grant at Alabama was trying. Hard to succeed at the highest level without a lot of things going your way.

Speaking of which. Kuminga the #1 player in 2021 is considering a reclass to 2020 and visited Crean and Georgia.

I think Shaka has had 4 lottery Big men in his time at Texas. Hayes, Bomba, Allen and not sure if Turner was at Texas when Shaka coached

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Are top rated prospects trying to avoid the tourney so they can get ready for the NBA sooner?

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Crean's single-minded, maniacal recruiting energy continues to work its magic. 

I think Shaka has had 4 lottery Big men in his time at Texas. Hayes, Bomba, Allen and not sure if Turner was at Texas when Shaka coached

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, Bamba and Allen got paid. Hayes, not necessarily. He’s trying to get guys he’s just been unsuccessful creating a great team.

9 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I saw a tweet from Rabjohns saying there were significant developments on the IU AD search. Anyone know what it is?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Someone who I thought was a viable candidate, Danny White just got a new 5 year deal to stay as UCF AD with a $2.5 mn buyout for any school/sports entity that wants to lure him away. Its either that or bait click for the $$ site he's on.

2 ACC tourney thoughts:

1) The skycam ESPN uses for it is AWESOME. Loved it last year too. 

2) I’ll call UNC making it to at least Friday before anyone else can. Sue me!