Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think he leaves. He’s ready to make Pro money someplace and he can probably already graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah I feel like he will too. I felt that way about Swanigan from Purdue. How much better can he get? Garza gets 24 10 and 2 blocks. Can't do much better at the college level. 

Yeah I feel like he will too. I felt that way about Swanigan from Purdue. How much better can he get? Garza gets 24 10 and 2 blocks. Can't do much better at the college level. 

Depends if he’s ready to sit the bench or play overseas instead of being a star in college. Swanigan should have stuck around too. I mean no reason to grow up. All depends if you’re ready to be part of the bench mob or not. Kids have to understand that going pro in basketball is more than any other sport.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

How dang many good, but "not ready" players have we lost over the past 20 years? It's only fair for a player as accomplished as Garza to make the jump.

5 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

How dang many good, but "not ready" players have we lost over the past 20 years? It's only fair for a player as accomplished as Garza to make the jump.

For IU I'd say James Blackmon Jr and Troy Williams. Maybe Bracey Wright. I'll never blame a kid for going pro if they are going to get drafted-especially if early. 

For IU I'd say James Blackmon Jr and Troy Williams. Maybe Bracey Wright. I'll never blame a kid for going pro if they are going to get drafted-especially if early. 

But and Williams didn’t get drafted though. Neither should have left. Kind of wonder what kind of season we could have had if they all stayed. OG was the only one who should have left early. In a perfect world with kids who didn’t think short term, Archie would have had a starting 5 of Josh Newkirk, James Blackmon, Robert Johnson, Juwan Morgan and Thomas Bryant.

Oddly enough, North Carolina got in a pretty good spot if they want to make a run. They play Virginia Tech. They win that they play Syracuse. They win that they play Louisville. They win that they play Virginia/Notre Dame/Boston College. UNC about to make a run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Oddly enough, North Carolina got in a pretty good spot if they want to make a run. They play Virginia Tech. They win that they play Syracuse. They win that they play Louisville. They win that they play Virginia/Notre Dame/Boston College. UNC about to make a run.

No team has ever won the ACC Tournament while playing on day 1.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But and Williams didn’t get drafted though. Neither should have left. Kind of wonder what kind of season we could have had if they all stayed. OG was the only one who should have left early. In a perfect world with kids who didn’t think short term, Archie would have had a starting 5 of Josh Newkirk, James Blackmon, Robert Johnson, Juwan Morgan and Thomas Bryant.

Right. Everyone killed James but he is the kind of player this team lacks right now. Troy probably should have stayed for his senior year. I know he played in the NBA some but he didn't pan out. It worked out for Thomas though. He's getting big minutes right now. 

I think it kind of depends on the kid. I think Troy was just done with college. He had his degree and he wanted to make money. Same with James I don't blame them. However, they were not on any draft boards. If he would have stayed you never know the type of year he could have had. Victor wasn't on any draft boards after his sophomore year. One year later he was the number 2-should have been number 1-pick in the draft. I just think these kids have a major opportunity to stay all four years if they aren't on any draft boards. 

Right. Everyone killed James but he is the kind of player this team lacks right now. Troy probably should have stayed for his senior year. I know he played in the NBA some but he didn't pan out. It worked out for Thomas though. He's getting big minutes right now. 
I think it kind of depends on the kid. I think Troy was just done with college. He had his degree and he wanted to make money. Same with James I don't blame them. However, they were not on any draft boards. If he would have stayed you never know the type of year he could have had. Victor wasn't on any draft boards after his sophomore year. One year later he was the number 2-should have been number 1-pick in the draft. I just think these kids have a major opportunity to stay all four years if they aren't on any draft boards. 

Personally I like the Dean Smith rule. If you aren’t a lottery pick, stay in college.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Personally I like the Dean Smith rule. If you aren’t a lottery pick, stay in college.

Not a bad rule. I do wish that more players stuck around. That's why I like the Big Ten. It's fun watching guys like Cassius Winston or Juwan Morgan grow over 4 years. 

I would say if you aren't a lottery pick your freshman year, you should stay. If you are a sophomore and aren't at least a 1st round pick you should stay. I just feel players can really grow their junior/senior year. I don't mind what Troy and JBJ did at IU, but they left an opportunity on the table. If they had stayed who knows what could've happened. 

Wofford/ETSU tonight for the SoCon bid. ETSU is good enough to receive an at-large bid but if I’m them I take all the doubt out and take care of this game. If they get in the tournament they have a team that can win multiple games. I really like this team

St Marys/BYU to end the night should be another good game

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wofford/ETSU tonight for the SoCon bid. ETSU is good enough to receive an at-large bid but if I’m them I take all the doubt out and take care of this game. If they get in the tournament they have a team that can win multiple games. I really like this team

St Marys/BYU to end the night should be another good game

Let's go ETSU. I think St. Mary's and BYU both get in regardless. 

UIC is taking Wright St(15-3) Horizon favorites behind the shed. Uic up 25 with 9 min to go. Opens the bracket up for the 2 seed Northern Kentucky if they get by their Semifinal game