Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Good a year as any to snap the streak. Might as well be IU

I said this a few weeks ago, but 2013 was the year...IU, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin were all loaded. I had IU winning it all that year, Ohio State in the final four, with Michigan and Wisconsin in the Elite 8. As far as this year, I really like the way Michigan State and Wisconsin are playing. I don't trust Turgeon but Maryland is talented. Ohio State is playing really well especially without DJ. Illinois, Penn State, and Iowa are all intriguing. Michigan is my wild card team. If Beilein was still the coach I would trust them a lot more than I would with Howard. As for our Hoosiers, I would be stunned if they aren't in the tournament. With that being said, I would be even more shocked if they win a game in the tournament.  I still think they are a few guys/a year away from being a big dog in the Big Ten. 

If Aaron Henry ended up at IU, this program would be in much better shape. I think he is the kind of guy this team is missing. He is already appearing in mock drafts too. If he sticks around another year, he's going to be the guy at Michigan State. A sleeper pick for Big Ten POY in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I said this a few weeks ago, but 2013 was the year...IU, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin were all loaded. I had IU winning it all that year, Ohio State in the final four, with Michigan and Wisconsin in the Elite 8. As far as this year, I really like the way Michigan State and Wisconsin are playing. I don't trust Turgeon but Maryland is talented. Ohio State is playing really well especially without DJ. Illinois, Penn State, and Iowa are all intriguing. Michigan is my wild card team. If Beilein was still the coach I would trust them a lot more than I would with Howard. As for our Hoosiers, I would be stunned if they aren't in the tournament. With that being said, I would be even more shocked if they win a game in the tournament.  I still think they are a few guys/a year away from being a big dog in the Big Ten. 

I’ve said this multiple times. I’m fine with just making the tournament this season. It builds momentum for the program. This’ll be the only year I have that stance. Next season is when I expect to be back in contention on a yearly basis

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said this multiple times. I’m fine with just making the tournament this season. It builds momentum for the program. This’ll be the only year I have that stance. Next season is when I expect to be back in contention on a yearly basis

Yup. I hope this year is the new "down year" for IU. IU is only losing two guys for next year. No excuse they can't finish around the top 5 of the Big Ten. I think Lander is coming (80% sure) and I also think Leal will really help. Geronimo and Galloway may not play as much right away. Think Armaan type of role for them. Trayce has the potential to be the Big Ten POY. I think Rob will have a great Junior/Senior year at IU. Hopefully Justin and Al are more consistent. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If Aaron Henry ended up at IU, this program would be in much better shape. I think he is the kind of guy this team is missing. He is already appearing in mock drafts too. If he sticks around another year, he's going to be the guy at Michigan State. A sleeper pick for Big Ten POY in 2021. 

Basically he decided to go elsewhere when Hunter signed.  I don’t think anyone would have taken him over Hunter at the time.

i also am not as high on him as you are.  I don’t see him as an NBA player.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Basically he decided to go elsewhere when Hunter signed.  I don’t think anyone would have taken him over Hunter at the time.

True about Jerome. I still really like him. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I hate thinking about what could have been if Aaron Henry had committed to IU before Damezi Anderson.

Jerome Hunter still has plenty of promise though, he needs a whole offseason to really get back into it.  Damezi, I'm not so sure anymore.  I hope he sticks it out and is a solid contributor for us down the road.

Anderson and Hunter. Anderson has been a shocking disappointment. I’ll admit to wrong on him, thought he’d be a shotmaking wing.

Both Anderson and Hunter are lacking versatility. Hunter is capable of impacting the game so much more. He’s fallen in love with the 3. Needs to get back to playing like he did in HS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Hope Archie is watching this Valpo game and reaches out to Ryan Fazekas ASAP. Kid from Chesterton, IN shoots 51% from 3 and has led the nation in 3 Point % over the past 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fazekas is a senior.  He played two years at Providence, sat out a year, and them two years at Valpo.  Even if he had another year it’s worth noting that in a major conference at Providence he averaged 4 points per game and was a sub 40% shooter.

HA HA HA! Some Illinois fan right behind the Franimal has a full length poster of the Francon scale.

Also, its bizarro B1G as Iowa leads Illinois 31-25 with NINE minutes left in the FIRST half.

Garza’s a lock for POY in 2021. Not on the draft boards and the thought of a senior Garza is just stupid.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

HA HA HA! Some Illinois fan right behind the Franimal has a full length poster of the Francon scale.

Also, its bizarro B1G as Iowa leads Illinois 31-25 with NINE minutes left in the FIRST half.

In 20 minutes of game time since this post, Iowa's scored just 24 pts. Lousy Smarch Iowa!

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Illinois on their way to a 21-10(13-7) record. So many here thought Illinois would be worse than us because they won 12 games last season. If they consider Archie’s 3 seasons as good progress, what is Underwoods at Illinois considered?

Good progress