Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I just think it’s way off point to infer that we’re not significantly progressing under CAM when we’ve gone:
16-15
19-16
19-12 with a 20th very much teed up.
And, recruiting is excellent.
So, when the all-encompassing doom and gloom comes out when we lose a close game to an excellent team? It kinda cheeses me off.

“Significantly progressing,” would be a massive overstatement. We’ve done a little better on our overall record. We’ve won 16, 17 and now 19 games to end the regular season. The game Wednesday against Nebraska shouldn’t be close but knowing this team, it will be. We should make the NCAA tourney. The problem is that the same issues that plagued us in year 1, still exist. Laziness, stupid passes, bad shooting, bad lineups/substitutions, bad offensive sets, bad coaching and no development. Archie is a mediocre coach, which fits well in the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And those occurred in 1990, 1991, and 2001.  It hasn't happened in 18 years and just once in 28, so I would think that it simply isn't going to happen.

Depends, a lot of mediocrity this season and the committee will choose a high major like that over any mid/low major.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Every time Loaded uses the word mediocre or mediocrity in any thread everyone has to take a shot

Drink up Bt Banners

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You mad man you trying to kill us all?  Or did you just invest in a distillery?

A mediocre soda if you got one. Dr Thunder?

Don’t disrespect some Walmart brand soda. They have great cream soda. If you want mediocre soda, I’d say any of the non-orange flavored Fantas or Sunkist.

Man, Dayton basketball has made a massive jump in the last couple years. One of the top players in the country (Toppin) developed in house and now a possible #1 seed. Wonder what changed?

Obi Toppin is what changed. Look at how good guys like Steph Curry and Jimmer Fredette made those programs.