Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

He hits the second....and then USC HITS A DAGGER THREE WITH ONE SECOND LEFT.

USC wins an ugly game, 54-52.  UCLA falls to 19-12 and now most likely loses their biggest claim to an at large bid (winning the PAC 12 conference regular season IF Oregon beats Stanford in Oregon.

Dude go take a break from this board. It’s getting old

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You know what’s getting old.

Indiana not being good at basketball.

Not sure what you want to hear.

We have a chance to secure a NCAA title berth today at home against a OVERperforming Wisconsin team that is disciplined and well coached. We lose at home again.

We have a chance to beat Purdue at Home in Bobby Knights return to assembly hall when the place is jumping and can’t.

We finish 11th of 14 in the B1G in Archies third year.

We may or may not make the tournament, but if we do, it’s entirely on the strength of the B1G and it’s strength of schedule.

Yet, rainbows and sunshine.

No one should be pissed or disappointed.

Heck, look at our coach, he’s unraveling. Watch him in post games, on the sideline, at his radio show.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You know what’s getting old.

Indiana not being good at basketball.

Not sure what you want to hear.

We have a chance to secure a NCAA title berth today at home against a OVERperforming Wisconsin team that is disciplined and well coached. We lose at home again.

We have a chance to beat Purdue at Home in Bobby Knights return to assembly hall when the place is jumping and can’t.

We finish 11th of 14 in the B1G in Archies third year.

We may or may not make the tournament, but if we do, it’s entirely on the strength of the B1G and it’s strength of schedule.

Yet, rainbows and sunshine.

No one should be pissed or disappointed.

Heck, look at our coach, he’s unraveling. Watch him in post games, on the sideline, at his radio show.

I don’t disagree and I’m just as frustrated, but think a lot of people have a double- standard for Archie. If he shows no passion, he doesn’t care and has given up. Shows a little passion and fire, and he’s “unraveling”?

Wasting your time responding to some of this. To some people IU just lost their 12th must win game of the year. If some want to be concerned and fear the worst let them do it.

Imo, it’s not about making or not making the tournament. Our on court performance is what I’m watching. The quality of basketball we play. Making the tournament and getting trounced is better but not significantly than not making it in my eyes. (Admittedly it’s a huge difference for the casual observer and the perception of the program). I’m watching and evaluating this team at a deeper level.

I’m not in the camp of “all is well if we make the tournament”.

I’m watching player development. Growth of our team.

I don’t disagree and I’m just as frustrated, but think a lot of people have a double- standard for Archie. If he shows no passion, he doesn’t care and has given up. Shows a little passion and fire, and he’s “unraveling”?

Don’t get me wrong on that point. I like the passion. I like that he’s pissed. He should be. But it’s a clear change in disposition. He’s not always that way. Imo, the pressure is getting to him. But I think that fire IS necessary. But if the players don’t respond to that, then what?

New players.... which I want a lot of.

And add that UK comes back from 18 down on the road to win. Amazing what shooters and mental toughness does for a team 

They actually are that great shooting. As a team they shoot 33.5% compared to our 32%. They just have a better coach and WAY more talent.

38 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

From the quotes from Hoiberg in the article, their careers are in question, may be completely off the team. Not sure what they did, but it must be bad if he is considering giving them das boot!

Making as much room as possible for 'Transfer Fest 2020'. 

"You think you know about transfers? I invented this b***h!" - Fred Hoiberg

On another note, NW lead Penn St with 7 minutes left. If they hold on, they should never change from these neat 90s era Utah Jazz unis they're wearing.

Texas continuing their egg laying against Oklahoma State....down 71-51 with 7 1/2 minutes left at home.  

For IU in terms of making the tournament it's not so much whether a team below them is in or out, it's whether they can surpass IU on the S-curve.  Rutgers could potentially pass IU, but UCLA, Texas, and Purdue (which is out barring a an auto bid) seem to lost chances to get closer and there isn't much time left.