Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Gotta think IU can breathe a lot easier tonight. Wichita State’s bubble has popped with their loss to Memphis. Stanford and Arizona State both with losses they couldn’t afford, and Utah State on the verge of having their hopes shattered.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Gotta think IU can breathe a lot easier tonight. Wichita State’s bubble has popped with their loss to Memphis. Stanford and Arizona State both with losses they couldn’t afford, and Utah State on the verge of having their hopes shattered.

Definitely a bad loss for ASU losing at home to a 14-16 Washington team. Not sure I agree on Wich. State’s bubble bursting with the loss to Memphis. They’re still sitting at 22-8. If anything, I think it just inches Memphis closer to the bubble with the W.

The Pac-12 is trying to really make things complicated for leagues much more deserving of bids right now. I don’t see any reason for them to be close to a six-bid league. But seeing a lot of love for Arizona, and they’re sitting there with the sixth best record in the league (19-10) and make it hard to give them a bid and leave, say, USC out with a 21-9 record. Personally don’t see the quality to deserve more than 3-bids, but mediocrity making the league top heavy. 

Valpo up 1 on Evansville with 45 sec to go

Evansville misses a FT that would of tied it up and then gave up a dunk on the other end. Valpo wins it by 3. Arch Madness

Day Basketball tomorrow for you retired people or tomorrow off. N Iowa/Drake at 1 on espn +

Sycamores/Missouri St at 9 on espn +

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Evansville misses a FT that would of tied it up and then gave up a dunk on the other end. Valpo wins it by 3. Arch Madness

Day Basketball tomorrow for you retired people or tomorrow off. N Iowa/Drake at 1 on espn +

Sycamores/Missouri St at 9 on espn +

Or for teachers who strategically plan tests so they can watch college basketball :)

IU moves up 2 spots in the NET up to 52 and Minny moves up 2 spots as well to NET 45. Arizona State drops 4 spots with their home loss to Washington and are now 1 spot behind us at 53. Both our NET average win and NET average loss got better last night. Our worst loss was to NET 43 and our average NET loss will be close to 25. That’s absolutely insane and why I don’t believe when anyone (Lunardi) says IU is in the bubble.

IU moves up 2 spots in the NET up to 52 and Minny moves up 2 spots as well to NET 45. Arizona State drops 4 spots with their home loss to Washington and are now 1 spot behind us at 53. Both our NET average win and NET average loss got better last night. Our worst loss was to NET 43 and our average NET loss will be close to 25. That’s absolutely insane and why I don’t believe when anyone (Lunardi) says IU is in the bubble.

In a year where even top teams have a historically bad loss, we haven’t. We have beat teams in the field. Our road/neutral could be better, but we have 4 wins. I am not too worried about it. Lunardi is horrible at his job. After his appearance last night I will never trust that man again and I hope they find someone else. Even if what he was saying against Indiana were against someone else, I want to know what’s likely. He is just bad at his job and becoming a personality.

In a year where even top teams have a historically bad loss, we haven’t. We have beat teams in the field. Our road/neutral could be better, but we have 4 wins. I am not too worried about it. Lunardi is horrible at his job. After his appearance last night I will never trust that man again and I hope they find someone else. Even if what he was saying against Indiana were against someone else, I want to know what’s likely. He is just bad at his job and becoming a personality.

Lunardi is all about entertaining the masses and creating interest which is why he is doing this with Indiana. It’s good for the business and creates clicks. He has really lost a lot of credibility over the years with this approach and it shows in the bracket matrix rankings. I still find myself viewing his projections daily just for a laugh. He had IU as a 10 seed prior to their road games last week, they lost both and he moved IU up to a 9. They come home and beat NET top 50 Minnesota and he drops them to an 11, all while other teams are losing around them...it’s just comical.

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

There are 12 Big Ten teams in the top 36 kenpom, IU 36 and Minny 33.  How in the world is Minnesota still in the top 45 NET, 7 above IU, with a 13-16 overall record?.  Hoosiers won both games against the rodents, and Minnesota will have to win the BTT to get go the NCAA, or will have to win four straight games including 3 in the BTT just to ensure a non losing overall record and be NIT eligible. Something seems very flawed in the NET ranking system.